Complaint Review: Atlantic Circulation, INC

• Submitted: Mon, August 13, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Dan - Retired_AF_Veteran — Lancaster California United States of America
Atlantic Circulation, INC
2550 Kingston Road, Suite 113 York, Pennsylvania United States of America

Atlantic Circulation, INC Atlantic Circulation, INC Stundents selling magazine subscriptions door to door is a complete scam and a rip-off. Also offering the option to send magazines to US Military deployed overseas! A complete disgrace and scam. A tot York, Pennsylvania

On 3-10-2012 I had 2 young men ring my doorbell and solicit selling me magazine subscriptions that would help them earn a trip to some location.  They proceeded to tell me that if I ordered a certain amount of magazines, that they would also be sending subscriptions to our deployed troops overseas.  It made for a compelling story and being a retired veteran of 21 years in the Air Force, I know how simple things like magazines can make a deployment to a war zone be a little bit brighter.
I ordered 3 magazines for a total of $169.00.  It all looked legitimate and it stated delivery within 120 days.  I came across the receipt last month and put it in a pile of things to do.  I just called the number on the receipt for Atlantic Circulation, INC and the number was disconnected. I then did a quick google search to learn that I am not the only one that was scammed by this company.

I read multiple posts and complaints and got the sick feeling that not only is this company preying on consumers, they are using sales techniques that are associating with the consumers patriotic feelings and offering them an opportunity to support the United States Military personnel that are deployed in a war zone. Not to mention the sales force they have enlisted that probably has no clue they to are part of this scam.

I have been a part of over 10 combat deployments during my time in the service of this great nation and to have a company blindly recruit and send teenagers out on racketeering mission, just so they (Atlantic Circulation, Inc) can take the money and close the doors.  The check for $169.00 was written on 3-10-2012 and posted as a withdrawal to my account on 3-15-2012. I have a copy of the check image from my bank.
The magazines I ordered were:
4 Wheeler Off-Road 24 months
4 Wheeler  24 Months
Super Chevy  24 Months.
I have my original receipt (both canary and goldenrod colored).  The receipt number is also hand written on top of the check image that was cashed.

This scam really makes me loose faith in our society on so many levels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-Circulation-INC/York-Pennsylvania-17402/Atlantic-Circulation-INC-Atlantic-Circulation-INC-Stundents-selling-magazine-subscriptio-926682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic Circulation, INC