Complaint Review: Atlantic Magazine Services, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 19, 2008

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Atlantic Magazine Services, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach
2301 W Sample Rd, Bldg 5, Suite 6c Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Atlantic Magazine Services, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach ATLANTIC MAGAZINE SERVICE A.K.A COMMUNITY READING CLUB, POMPANO BEACH, FLORIDA IS A SCAM. Pompano Beach Florida

Atlantic Magazine Service called me one evening stating that I had won a prize, a diamond watch and I would recieve a subscription of magazines for as low as 3.90$ a week but the catch was to pay one payment of 62.40 for 60 months. I told the lady I didn't want to follow through with the offer so she connected me with her supervisor so he could cancel the account he tried to offer me a lower payment and do it monthly for 16.95 a month. I continuosly told him I didn't want the offer. He then told me he would connect me with his supervisor who could take care of cancelling the account. When I spoke to his supervisor he insisted on trying to offered me monthly payments as low as 19.99 and he claimed that he couldn't cancel the account and if he did the charge of 62.40 would still get taken out of my account so I agreed to do the 19.99 also being told I could call the next day to cancel the account and I would still receive the diamond watch which I didn't want either, so I spoke with a lady today after finding out that they had actually charged me 19.99 and 62.40. So I called the cancellation number and the representative told me she would cancel the account for me and I would be refunded my 62.40 within 7-10 business days and she also told me the company that contacted me. So hopfully my money is refunded within that time period or I will follow further legal action.

Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-Magazine-Services-Community-Reading-Club-Of-Delray-Beach/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33073/Atlantic-Magazine-Services-Community-Reading-Club-Of-Delray-Beach-ATLANTIC-MAGAZINE-SERVI-374496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic Magazine Services, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach