• Report: #194331

• Submitted: Thu, June 01, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 01, 2006

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Atlantic Magazine
P.O. Box 666840 Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Atlantic Magazine Wanting to rip me off due to staff I spoke to didn't log when I called to cancel Pompano Beach Florida

I received a letter in the mail regarding my credit card, and account I aparently subscribed to. I made the phone call, and spoke to an employee.

I explained to them that I was wondering where all the magazines were coming from, and that I know I didn't order any stuff that showed nudity or obscene pictures. I stated that I am Christian and would not order these things.

I was then placed on hold, the employeed returned and stated that her supervisor said that as long as I paid $49.32 on this paycheck, and another $49.32 on my next paycheck that I would be able to cancel the subscription.

Today I get a call from the company, stating that I needed to pay all the charges and could not cancel from the agreement. I stated to them that I had already made arangements to cancel my subscription on Monday when I called them.

The employee stated that they had no record of me calling them to make arrangements to cancel. They asked me who the employee was that I spoke to, and I explained that I didn't write down the employee's name or could not remember the name of the person.

I then asked to speak to her supervisor, then the supervisor also told me the same thing, that I could not cancel the subscription unless I paid $49.32 for 10 months, in one lump sum.

Supervisor then sent me back to the first employee, and I told her if I could have a copy of the tapes they aparently recorded, but she stated no, not until we have you reported to the credit company, and go to court. I then hung up.

I don't understand why these people prey on us with disabilities, and low income. I have never ran into this situation before, and if I ever do I will definately keep track of the people I talk with, including time and date.

Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2006 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-Magazine/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33066/Atlantic-Magazine-Wanting-to-rip-me-off-due-to-staff-I-spoke-to-didnt-log-when-I-called-194331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic Magazine