Complaint Review: Atlantic One Credit

• Reported By:bend Oregon
Atlantic One Credit
Annapolis, Maryland U.S.A.

Atlantic One Credit ripoff, scam, stole my money Annapolis Maryland

*Author of original report: Atlantic One Info Serv Go to your bank and let them know what has happened

ATLANTIC ONE CALLED ME IN THE AFTERNOON AND TOLD ME I WAS APPROVED FOR A MASTERCARD AND NEEDED A $319.00 DOWN PAYMENT BECAUSE OF MY CREDIT RATING. aFTER ASKING THEM IF THEY JUST APPLY THAT DIRECTLY TO MY CREDIT CARD THEY SAID THEY NEEDED IT UP FRONT IN THE FORM OF A CHECK.

THEY TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AFTER I STOPPED THE CHECK BUT THEY CHANGED THE CHECK NUMBER SO IT WENT THROUGH ANYWAY. I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM SINCE. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM BUT ALL OF THERE OPPERATORS ARE CURRENTLY SCAMING OTHER CUSTOMERS SO PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND SOMEONE WILL CALL BACK AS SOON AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. ANYONE INTERESTED IN FILING A SUIT AGAINST THEM?

Sarah
bend, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2005 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-One-Credit/Annapolis-Maryland/Atlantic-One-Credit-ripoff-scam-stole-my-money-Annapolis-Maryland-143500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic One Credit

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Great news!! I went to my bank( Wells Fargo) and they took my money back out of the account that cashed my "check" redeposited the money. And reimbursed all insufficant fund fees and gave me a whole new account so no more money could be taken out. Two days later Atlantic one sent me my forms. And they now claim that they just help you fill out credit card applications. Not that they give you an unsecured credit card. They also were promoting giving me a free camera phone from Nokia, do you think that came in the mail? No, just like a credit card was never coming in the mail, just like the 6 months of on time payments would qualify me for a no money down new home loan was never going to happen.
Most of all I was so embarrased about the whole thing that I will never give account information to anyone on the internet or the phone again!!!!! So to all of you I give this advice......Go to your bank and let them know what has happened, most accounts have fraud protection. And its alot more powerful to have a major financial institution pressing fraud charges than one of us who actually fell for that crap. Good Luck!