Complaint Review: Atlantic Shores Coin Laundry

• Updated: Sun, March 20, 2011

• Reported By: Richard — Hallandale Florida United States of America
Atlantic Shores Coin Laundry
710 Atlantic Shores Blvd. Hallandale, Florida United States of America

Atlantic Shores Coin Laundry I believe this to be a very dangerous and crooked operation Hallandale, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Lessons learned

As a Hollywood resident, I went to the above laundry to wash and dry my clothes on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM.
I put my clothes in washer # 17 and then added my detergent.  I proceeded to put into the machine $2.00 worth of quarters.  Nothing turned.  The machine did not work.  I lost my $2.00.  I then took out my clothes and put them into washer # 19, added my detergent, and put in another $2.00 worth of quarters.  Nothing turned.  The machine did not work.  I lost my $2.00 for the second time.
I looked around for an attendant for help, but there was no one on the premises.  Furthermore, there was no “emergency” phone number on any wall to call for help. Several (tourist) customers told me that other people had lost their money in those machines and other machines as well. They even told me that the change machine also was not working properly, as several other customers inserted bills, but did not get any quarters, or their bills back.  They even said they noticed sparks coming out of a dryer.
I went back to this laundry on Monday morning at 7:30 AM and again at 3:30 PM, but there was no attendant present.  This went on for several days, until Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 10 PM when I saw a man and presumably his wife closing the slide door to this laundry.  I told them what had happened and what was told to me, but they said “Go do your laundry elsewhere, we are not giving you $4.00.”  I was quite perturbed at this response and wrote down their car’s license tag as they took off.  It is # 747-IET.
I believe this to be a very dangerous and crooked operation!
I urge a complete and thorough investigation of how these people do business, including an audit of their records. In addition, I insist that for public safety reasons, inspectors check out their machines and wiring.
Moreover, they should be held accountable for not posting emergency phone numbers or addresses of contact.
Please let me know that this establishment will not continue unattended 24/7, have contact phone numbers and addresses posted, with safe, working washer, dryer, and change machine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2011 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-Shores-Coin-Laundry/Hallandale-Florida-33009/Atlantic-Shores-Coin-Laundry-I-believe-this-to-be-a-very-dangerous-and-crooked-operation-708267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic Shores Coin Laundry

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Lessons learned

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

First Im gonna play the shillers role here (steve, coast, way too many to list) and say- You stupd retardd phuk, why dont you go back to the 3rd grade! only losers like you would go to a laundry mat in the first place! Let alone one that is not staffed! NO RIP OFF!

Now let me give you SOME REAL ADVICE....

1st it is true you shouldn't do laundry at a place that not staffed.  If the owners are TOO CHEAP as is obvious here, to hire an attendant or even refund your $4, then it is not worth your business.  NOt only that but you can get mugged, raped, or even get your clothes stolen in one of these places.

However, going to a place that is staffed, as I did years ago, doesnt necessarily mean you wont get ripped off either.  I immediately snatched the attendant up when the change machine took my money, and she said "sorry im not authorized to give you refund, please fill out a claim slip for the owner".  Of course after calling back on several occasions to check the status of my "refund", I was ultimately informed that the owner said "sorry he not find any extra money in the machine."  From then on, at ANY laundromat I always made the attendant watch as I placed the money in the machine and got my correct change.

Ways to get satisfaction:  Since the place is not staffed, as you say, this makes it a good candidate for "rippoffrevenge".  Next time you "need to do laundry"  make sure you take you some "extra strong" detergent, like acid or something, to make sure that machine really gets your clothes clean.

Now for drying, I heard rubber in the dryer makes the clothes dry faster, or maybe even a good pouch of "big league chew" bubble gum might help.  You will have to experiment and find what works to your satisfaction.

And of course places that are not staffed almost always have an extra messy bathroom.  If you find you really have to take a nice messy dump, and the bathroom has already been vandalized, as is likely, you may have to relieve yourself in the corner somewhere, or maybe even in a machine, or even on the entrance to the place.  I used to take my dog with me for laundering and he almost always had to go "somewhere".

Now I will save Steve the trouble, "BUY YOUR OWN d**n WASHER AND YOU WONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!"