Complaint Review: Atlas Fitness

• Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By: LyingBenHoward — Atlanta Georgia
Atlas Fitness
5967 Bethelview Rd Cumming, GA 30040 Atlanta, Georgia USA

Atlas Fitness Ben Howard Owes Employees & Clients money, Refuses to return calls & Lies to your face when you show up at his place of employment Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Updated: Ben Howard made good on money owed

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clarification

Atlas fitness is a personal training company that employed me when I worked at Workout Anytime in Buckhead.  The CEO, Ben Howard, along with his Sales manager, Neal Smith, had been kicked out of the gym in June 2013 for failure to meet financial obligations.  Since then Ben has failed to pay several of his employees, including myself for 75 unpaid training sessions, while also leaving 100's of client purchased sessions unused and un-reimbursed.

It stands to reason, as Ben and Neal both now work for Bodyplex in Cumming, GA that Atlas Fitness has gone under, or at least become unprofitable.  I've had many complaints of unreturned phone calls from training clients who were looking for reimbursement after they were left with no where to train once Atlas Fitness (and it's employees) were banned from Workout Anytime.

Personally, I had to actually go to Bodyplex in Cumming just to get a response from Ben regarding the hundreds of dollars he/Atlas Fitness owe me.  Of course it was just more lies, like "I have nothing to do with payroll", and "I don't sign off on checks" despite the fact that his signature is on every bank drawn check (not a payroll check, but a regular business account had written check).  And my favorite, "I'll submit this to payroll and you'll be paid next week."

Of course I wasn't and he again refused to return messages.

Be warned, Atlas Fitness and/or Ben Howard will not uphold financial obligations to anyone, and will lie about it to your face.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlas-Fitness/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/Atlas-Fitness-Ben-Howard-Owes-Employees-Clients-money-Refuses-to-return-calls-Lies-t-1087456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlas Fitness

Updated: Ben Howard made good on money owed

AUTHOR: Atlanta Personal Training - ()

Ben Howard personally contacted me and resolved dispute.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clarification

AUTHOR: mgmt - ()

I would like to address the above post.  I am doing this because this site will not allow the author of the original post to delete his filing, regardless of the reason.  All above issues with the author of this post have been resolved.

Regarding the specific post….yes, our company was once contracted out to handle the PT sales/management of a health club in Atlanta.  That relationship ended prematurely, but it was not due to our company getting thrown out.  In short, after three years of doing business together both parties decided that it was no longer a good financial fit for either company.  In our opinion, the club was not the same as it was when the relationship started…lower member base, lower income demographic, etc.  Both parties tried to find a resolution that worked for everybody, but in the end it just wasn’t possible.  Therefore, our company did leave the facility.  However, we made sure to provide at least three other locations for our clients to use their pre-paid sessions at.  Six months after the move, we were still paying trainers to service those clients….and were taking a financial loss each month to do so.  The author of this post did experience some frustrations during this process in regards to his compensation, and the end of his employment with the company was probably not the most convenient experience.  Whenever major changes occur, it’s always a hassle.  Fortunately, this is not a common occurrence for us.  In regards to the author of this post, everything was resolved to his complete satisfaction.  As for the clients, everyone that wanted to use their sessions were able to do so.  Some did not chose to do so for various reasons, but they can if they ever change their mind.  The terms of the agreement state that we do not refund pre-paid sessions, but we felt very strongly about making sure all clients receive the services that they paid for.  The company itself is alive and well and has seen some pretty substantial growth in the last few months.  Hopefully, this is the last time we have to address things on this site.  We have always taken great pride in our business practices, and knowing that one of our own felt strongly enough to file this report was a very disheartening experience for us.  We have worked very hard to be a standout in an industry that is often full of “bad apples,” and we have used this as a learning experience to make our business even better

threatened