Complaint Review: Atlas Services

Atlas Services
101 Commerce Rd Boynton Beach, Florida United States of America

Atlas Services : Dishonest, Rude, Ripoff in Boynton Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS

My previous boss had been using Atlas Services for his home maintenance contract for a couple years and I worked with one of the employees over the phone several times.  I decided to sign a contract for my home as well, although all of my appliances were quite new.  After the first year of not using them, I was inclined to not sign again.  They solicited me with a discounted offer which included a free a/c maintenance call which was advertised in their brochure.

The woman on the phone told me she would "put it in my records" and I wouldn't have to worry about it.  I waited until almost the expiration of my contract and called to get my free a/c maintenance check and they said I did not have any coming; that would be if I signed a new contract.  I said, no, this was promised for the current contract.  Well since it was never typed on the contract, although I had their brochure indicating that if you renewed your contract by a certain date and I faxed them a copy of it, they still said I was not going to get it.

Of course, the employees I had known previously no longer worked at Atlas.  Then one of the customer service reps got rude and snapped at me that I had already talked to the owner, Kimberly, and that she had said no.  At this point, I had not even talked to Kimberly.  The CSR finally calmed down and decided to appease me and schedule the maintenance call.  After the service was performed, I got a call from Kimberly, who had no knowledge that the call had been completed, and she told me that she could not feasibly give me a contract for that amount with a free service a/c checkup.

I played along with her, not advising her that the guy had been out.  After all this, a couple weeks later, they called and wanted me to sign the new contract.  Thereafter, I have had this loud rattling noise coming from the unit, which I realized a screw was missing.  Now today, apprx. 7 mos later, I had to pay another company $125 for a freon leak test (required by law) due to the unit being low on freon because of a valve that was never tightened by the Atlas serviceman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlas-Services/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33426/Atlas-Services-Dishonest-Rude-Ripoff-in-Boynton-Beach-Florida-1042719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlas Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS

AUTHOR: Kimberly G - ()

ATLAS SERVICES PERFORMED ACCORDING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE CONTRACT. WE DO NOT GIVE VERBAL PROMISES. WE DO NOT HAVE HIGH PRESSURE SALES. IF YOU ARE TO RECEIVE SOMETHING IT WILL BE LISTED ON THE SERVICE CONTRACT. ATLAS SERVICE DID NOTHING WRONG.