Complaint Review: Atlas Van Lines / Ace World Wide

Atlas Van Lines / Ace World Wide
1900 East College Avenue Cudahy, Wisconsin United States of America

Atlas Van Lines / Ace World Wide misquoted by $1,128.79 Cudahy, Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: This case has been reviewed by the Better Business Bureau

In April of this year, I began looking into job opportunities in the Sacramento, CA area. As part of this process, I interviewed and received quotes from three nation-wide moving companies. The company I decided to use was Ace World Wide in Cudahy, WI. The sales representative I dealt with, John Donovan, gave me the original non-binding quote for $3,506.24. Mr. Donovan revised the quote down to $2,938.24 based on the elimination of five rather large pieces of furniture from the original quote. Only after my household belongings were in transit to California was I informed that Mr. Donovan's quote was severely inaccurate.

Ultimately, I paid Ace World Wide $4,067.03 - a difference of $1,128.79.  During a phone conversation with Mr. Donovan, I asked him how he could have missed my quote by so much. His reply was simply "I don't know".  I highly recommend that anyone considering using a moving company only accept binding quotes.  Against my better judgment, I chose this company's non-binding quote based on Mr. Donovan's assurance that his quote would be accurate based on his twenty-six years in the moving business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 09:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlas-Van-Lines-Ace-World-Wide/Cudahy-Wisconsin-53110/Atlas-Van-Lines-Ace-World-Wide-misquoted-by-112879-Cudahy-Wisconsin-815166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlas Van Lines / Ace World Wide

This case has been reviewed by the Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: Ace World Wide Customer Support - (United States of America)

Ace World Wide is committed to integrity, quality and customer centricity. We are taking claims like these seriously and have worked together with the Better Business Bureau to which this same complaint has been filed. Ace World Wide maintains an A+ rating with the BBB and is committed to resolving valid customer complains. In this case, items were added after the original estimate which account for the difference between the estimate and the final billed amount. The Better Business Bureau, after thoroughly reviewing our approach, sided with Ace World Wide, turned the case down and closed it.

Liberals