Complaint Review: Atlas Van Lines / Jays Moving Company

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Sherwood Park Alberta
Atlas Van Lines / Jays Moving Company
Po Box 970 Oakville, Ontario U.S.A.

Atlas Van Lines / Jays Moving Company Poor Move / No Customer Service / Refusal to pay claims with replacement insurance Oakville Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: This report was filed by an upset customer that has since apologized to all parties!

*Author of original report: Jays Moving And Storage / Atlas Van Lines settled claim

We moved from Prince Albert SK to Edmonton Alberta with Jays moving service. We paid 13 000.00 for this move including storage. This move took place the end of August. When they packed us up they broke numerous things including the hutch on our china cabinet. Everything from dirty shoes to clothes was stuffed into boxes. It was a nightmare! We had paid for a pack and unload. We purchased full replacement insurance for our goods. My husband was there through most of the day but instructing the crew. Jays was aware that we would be leaving before the movers were done. We had our real estate agent and friend double check our house and it was empty.

On August 29 Jays was supposed to be there at 900 am to unload our goods into our home. They arrived at 2 pm with no staff. One of the guys had brought his grielfriends 15 year old son to help. There was an older driver who could not unload, one guy and a 15 year old to unload a huge truck. The van was a disaster boxes were stuffed everywhere and the driver was very upset with the load and informed me he had never seen anything like it. My husband, brother in law and myself helped to unload even though we paid for a so called professional move. Boxes from the crew were being stuffed everywhere in the house. The one man crew was upset and trying to get the van unloaded and out of there. Our china cabinet had been broken with the disaster load in Prince Albert.

I am now trying to put a claim in with my customer service claim adjuster at atlas van lines but was informed my insurance is invalid because we did not stay to the end. It does not matter that our real estate agent checked the house and it was empty. This is after there were phone calls not returned and I was avoided and put on hold for three months. I was never informed of this when I signed up with the insurance. I am only putting a claim for a couple missing boxes for 520.00. They are treating us like crooks and liars. No explanation of the incompetant staff and move. They have avoided us for 3 months hoping we would go away. Did not receive any compensation for the full service move I was supposed to receive in the first. I was only told sorry and that was it. Our customer service rep has given a generous compensation package of 200.00 that does not begain to cover the replacement cost of the items and time taken off work to get broken thing fixed.

We moved with this company in 2004 and it was a good experiance. No claims were filed and it was a positive experiance. Avoid Atlas Van Lines and Jays moving as dealing with this incompetant staff has been a nightmare. Customer service is nonexistant and I would not trust this company to move my things gain. We used Atlas Van Lines as there were a supposed to be a reputable professional company. They are not anymore!

Anonymous
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlas-Van-Lines-Jays-Moving-Company/Oakville-Ontario-l6j-5m7/Atlas-Van-Lines-Jays-Moving-Company-Poor-Move-No-Customer-Service-Refusal-to-pay-cla-390301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlas Van Lines / Jays Moving Company

AUTHOR: Jason - (Canada)

I can completely understand the customers frustration. Their relocation as it did not go 100% perfect and Atlas/Jays will be the first to admit this. In most cases I would simply speak with the customer and ensure that they feel that they have been treated fairly if errors occur. Unfortunately the customer never gave me that opportunity. We have since resolved the issue and the customer have issued apologies to everyone involved.
Atlas Canada and Jay's Moving pride ourselves on providing quality service, but same as all things in life you can plan all that you can and something still does not go perfect. In these cases we do our best to ensure that the customer is treated fairly for the circumstances.

Jays Moving And Storage / Atlas Van Lines settled claim

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (Canada)

I am the author of the original report. Atlas Van Lines has settled all customer service issues and missing boxes fairly. We are satisfied with the claim settlement and consider everything resolved.