Complaint Review: Atmos Energy

• Reported By: Donna v — Dallas Texas United States of America
Atmos Energy
2517 Richland drive Garland, Texas United States of America

Atmos energy rips off and blows up customers Garland, Texas

*Consumer Comment: "Customer Service Charge?"

I am a senior citizen living on a very low income and Atmos Energy in Garland which I have no control in using them is charging me a $17.83 customer charge. I live meagerly and some months I only use less than $10. Worth of gas. I use it sparingly to save money while they Atmos squanders my money on what ever they choose. This has to be stopped. Let,s all join forces to stop them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atmos-Energy/Garland-Texas-75044/Atmos-energy-rips-off-and-blows-up-customers-Garland-Texas-1008239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atmos Energy

"Customer Service Charge?"

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Is  this how it's listed on your bill? it sounds more like a facility charge. Are they violating any laws or rules of the PUC (or equivalent)? "I use it sparingly to save money while they Atmos squanders my money on what ever they choose.."

So, what do you suppose they're squandering your money on? Let your PUC know if they're violating regulations. I'm also a senior and they charge me $10.25 facility charge, Res. Downstream cost $20.39. Upstream cost $27.92 and Deferred Gas cost $10.70, among other things...sounds like I'm REALLY getting Ripped off.

YOU are NOT being Ripped off.