Knife

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: FedupBill — taylors South Carolina United States of America
At&t
carol stream, Illinois United States of America

At&t At&t Uverse AT&T business office and advertising, Planned obsolescence, Scam defiantly not accountable of their mistake and they make a lot of them. carol stream, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Info for Executive Office

I have used AT&T DSL for years and not without problems, presently about ready to switch to (Charter) cable who I swore decades ago I would do without before doing business again with cable and have done for decades. AT&T tech people are fine, whither it is a instillation person or tech support. But their business office is a nightmare, and their tech people will tell you that.

I have several rants and complaints.

1st) let's start with what is now called AT&T Rewards it's a sham. In 15 to 20 years I have only received one. Recently from going from DSL to U-verse I had to pay $200 in fee's, was told this would be returned in a $200 reward card. AT&T makes you jump through hoops to get the card. Once I started making payments with the card I started receiving billing errors.

2nd) In the past two months AT&T has turned my service off for none payment. Made a payment by phone last month to have it restored, then the payment was sent back for over payment. Made a payment this month and 5 day's later my service was turned off again for none payment. Lost my temper but still paid them more money to have my service restored. Oh yeah, back to the $200 Reward card, made 2 payment of $48 and AT&T now say my balance is $5.02 on my reward card.

3rd) Some years ago my daughter called and said I had money on the lost money web site. Turns out it was AT&T paying me a $100 for over payment on a old bill. The reason I bring that up is when I switched from DSL to U-verse just  to go from 6Mb to 12Mb, AT&T said they had to creat a new account and I had to pay a back payment of $100 from a previous address. So to increase my internet speed I paid $300 plus fee's out of pocket.

4th) Is when I learned the Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing at AT&T business office and it has been going on for years and their is nothing they will do about it and nothing you can do about it. Years ago you had to have a Phone to have DSL, when that changed I called AT&T to remove my phone line and just have DSL stand alone. AT&T said I owed the $136.00 and had to pay before they could remove the phone line. That day I spent over three hours on
the phone with At&T, being switched from person to machine to person to machine and etc. Each time I got a new person the balance AT&T said I owed went up, till it was over $650.00. Finally lost it, hung up on AT&T. Had a couple beers to calm down, took a nap. Later that day called AT&T to drop my phone line for DSL only, this operator said sure no problem and had it done in minuntes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 02:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Att/carol-stream-Illinois-60197/Att-Att-Uverse-ATT-business-office-and-advertising-Planned-obsolescence-Scam-defiantl-940473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At&t

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Info for Executive Office

AUTHOR: Annoyed consumer - (USA)

FYI: The number of ATT Executive Office is 404 541-4199. Took 3 weeks to find the info.  The number answers without giving the name of the company but states that is the 'Office of the President' and then gives you a choice of leaving a message or entering the extention of the person you want to contact so you can get a call back.  It works give it a try, also see the link for more info.  http://u-versesucks.blogspot.com/