- Report: #1025721
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Attack! Marketing
Attack! Marketing2662 Lacy Street Los Angeles, CA 90031 Internet United States of America
Attack! Marketing Payments are 'lost in the mail' - 25% of income goes to replacing checks and are not able to provide bank receipt Internet
*Author of original report: Thank you for your response
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Attack!'s Stop Payment Fees, Etc.
What is a concerning trend is the number of payment checks that are "Lost in the Mail."
Attack verified that two checks were sent out on 2/22/13. Two checks to two different locations with correct addresses do not arrive. We've verified both addresses are corret.
They suggested to ask neighbors (for my friend whos check was sent to his home) and for my to ask the post office (since I have a PO Box) if they have seen our checks. We did and there are no checks. Mind you, I am on crutches from a skiing accident and hobble to my PO Box daily to see that there is still no check. The national average for a first-class mail to arrive is 2 to 3 days. It has been two weeks
To get paid, the only other option was to have a check reissued. Attack deducts $35.00 from our payment for this. Our checks were respectively $90 and $180. Thus $70 in total bank fees for $280 payment. That's over 25% of total amount owed, just to get paid.
I asked Attack to provide proof that each of our $35 dollars was going to pay their bank fees and they responded:
Unfortunately we cannot comply with your request for a receipt from
the bank. Our bank charges our account once a month with all banking
fees lumped together. We do get a "stop payment verification letter"
from the bank but it takes a couple of weeks for it to come to us.
Your receipt will have to be the notation on the replacement check
where it will say total amount minus bank stop payment charge.
Additional documentation is in the contract you signed stating your
agreement to this if your check is lost and Attack has your address
According to bankrate.com, that average check stop fee is $18 to $32.
Most courts consider something mailed once it's deposited with the post office. But how can we Brand Ambassords be assured it's getting to the post office?
This report is submitted in hopes Attack! will correct this trend of lost checks. After a quick Google of Attack, lost checks appears to be a common occurence, higher than the 3 - 5% national average. In our case it was 100% for 2 checks. Odd that it would be the USPS, but to Attack's defense, possible. My suggestions would be:
1. Give the option to send the check trackable with Priority Mail, even at our expense. $5.00 is much less than $35 and us Brand Ambassadors can be assured you did deposit to the postal service.
2. Re-negotiate your stop payment fee with your bank. $35.00 far exceeds the national average.
3. Work with your bank to provide a receipt to the Brand Ambassador who is footing the bill.
If others have had this situation happen, I encourage you to post a report. No to tarnish a company's reputation, but to get them to change their ways and to protect you. Attack works with many Fortune 100 companies. Attack's slow and lost payments can leave a bad image of their clients that we ultimately represent.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Attack-Marketing/internet/Attack-Marketing-Payments-are-lost-in-the-mail-25-of-income-goes-to-replacing-check-1025721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)