Complaint Review: Attorney Ken Nugent

• Reported By: Clint — Powder Springs Georgia United States of America
Attorney Ken Nugent
4227 Pleasant Hill Road Duluth, Georgia United States of America

Attorney Ken Nugent Over charging attorney fees!!!! Duluth, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: These attorneys really don't wont to help us really besides they take half of our injury money and don't give us but very little and they have the bad corrupt people win they cause us more suffering

*Consumer Comment: After how ugly the people talked to me In ken nugents office I have told my family members and they are firing ken nugent to keep him and his attorneys from receiving their 40 percent

*Consumer Comment: Don't believe one word from ken nugent saying his lawyers will help get justice one of his lawyers was out of the office 1 week then the next week he claims he exhausted all his attempts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Attorney Ken Nugnet, P.C

I was represented by the law firm of Ken Nugent for an accident that I was involved in back in Feburary 2009 that was the other persons fault. When I hired them I was told that the fees would be 40% of my settlement. That was fine since this firm has the reputation of getting the maxium settlement. Well, after all was said and done I didn't recieve any compensation for being out of work and I don't think I recieved as much as I should have. I honestly don't think the attorney that represented me did as much as he could. My settlement was for $2,200.00 and the fees for the Law Office of Ken Nugent was over $2,400.00. I don't understand this part, I was specificlly told that the fees were 40% of my settlement. How is it that the lawyer recieves more than the client? This to me was a RIP OFF!!! I will never use them again nor would I ever recommend them to any one...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2010 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Attorney-Ken-Nugent/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Attorney-Ken-Nugent-Over-charging-attorney-fees-Duluth-Georgia-561006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Attorney Ken Nugent

These attorneys really don't wont to help us really besides they take, half of our injury money and don't give us but very little and they have the bad corrupt people win.  So we really have nobody on our side to help sue people who harm us.
After how ugly the people.  talked to me In ken nugents office. I have told my family members and they are firing ken nugent to so his offices want get thousands of dollars from them.  This Is not a way to treat clients & a potential of getting thousands of $$$$$ from my & my family members.  They have just screwed themselves out of their 40.

They are plenty of personal injury attorney.  But I heard good things about attorney Ken Nugent.  That he gets people compensated & "JUSTICE",  but he Is like most attorneys In georgia.  They wont money handed to them on a silver platter while they sit on their ass.  Collection big $ so they can drive around,  In their expensive cars & live In big houses.

While people are suffering.  I guess Ken Nugent was a good attorney & he did get people justice.  But he Is like everybody else.  He turned "Greedy" & say the hell with people.
Don't believe one word from ken nugent saying his lawyers will help get justice one of his lawyers was out of the office 1 week then the next week he claims he exhausted all his attempts. It has been 2 weeks sense I hired them to work on my case.  He claims he exhausted everything to try to get things settled with the other party.

He didn't even contact them.  He was out of his office 1 week for personal business.  Then I received a letter two weeks later from 04/05/2011 after he agreed to take the case.  How can he have exhausted all his attempts to settle with the other party.  It doesn't make sense.  How can he exhaust anything In just 1 week.  He didn't even contact me or anything.  Why did he agree to take the case In the first place.

Ken Nugent attorney wasted my time. Only to be stabbed In the back.  I don't believe he really did anything.  They just wasted my time.  I don't appericate being done this way!.  He didn't have time In just 1  week for the other party to refuse to settle.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Attorney Ken Nugnet, P.C

AUTHOR: Ken Nugent, P.C. - (USA)

I regret that we didn't meet your expectations.  I take these listing seriously.  Although I can't discuss the details of your case in this open forum I am concerned that you had a bad experience.

We provide continious training to our employees so that we meet our clients expectations.  You are very important to us and deserve to be treated well.

For anyone reading these documents please remember, if you have any issues with my firm, please reach out to us via telephone or email.  We will make it right.