Complaint Review: Auction Agency

• Submitted: Tue, February 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 16, 2010

• Reported By: Marilyn — Compton California USA
Auction Agency

Auction Agency Bargain.com Devious signup and cancellation Strategies costs you money Internet

I made the mistake of registering online for a 7-day Trial Offer with AuctionAgency.  I received a phone call from them stating that for $1.95 I will receive immediate access to the website wherein I can view and go to see foreclosed properties for sale.

I would also receive a welcome packet within 7-10 days for a $39.95 Monthly Membership with Auction Agency.  If I decided not to continue, call within 7 days and cancel and there would be no additional charges made to my credit card.

On the 7th day I called to cancel.  I was told by the agent who answered that his computer was down and to call back.  I called back and was told by another agent that his computer was down as well, and I should try back later.

I called the next day.  They had no record of my calls and insisted that if I could not tell them who I talked to they could not verify that I tried to cancel my trial period on the 7th day.  And, therefore, they could not refund the $39.95 that had been charged the next day after my original attempts to cancel.  Besides the $39.95, they charged $9.95 not $1.95.  Be assured, they will refund that money totalling $47.95 which they fraudently obtained.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2010 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auction-Agency/internet/Auction-Agency-Bargaincom-Devious-signup-and-cancellation-Strategies-costs-you-money-Int-570261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auction Agency