Complaint Review: Auctions For Income, Professional Marketing International

• Submitted: Sat, October 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, October 14, 2006

• Reported By:Sunbury Pennsylvania
Auctions For Income, Professional Marketing International
360 Technology Court Lindon, UT 84042 Lindon, Utah U.S.A.

*UPDATE: Rip-off Report Investigation - Professional Marketing International, PMI - PMI coaching recognized by Rip-off Report as a safe business service - PMI coaching pledges to resolve complaints from the past & in the future, 100% commitment to customer service, feel confident & secure when doing business with member businesses

*Consumer Comment: Don't Be Ashamed, Beverly!!!

Read more about PMI - PMI coaching Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Auctions For Income, Professional Marketing International ripoff, pressure salesmen, taking advantage of people in desperate financial situations Lindon Utah

I am doing now, early in the morning, what I should have done in the beginning: namely researching the product BEFORE I buy it! I can't sleep because of the stupid decision I allowed PMI to talk me into.

I am 67, retired, and existing on SS and a very small pension. To make ends meet, I recently took a patt-time cashiers job in a department store. I too was looking for a way to add income and "Auctions for Income" looked like a good deal. I like the internet and have sold some items on eBay, it sounded good.

"Auctons" actually delivered their merchandise; I mention them because that led directly to PMI calling me.
PMI called to see if I "qualified for their super seller program" where, if successful, I could be featured in their "Auctions for Income" promotional ads on TV. Believe it or not, I am not TOTALLY STUPID, but the salesman was VERY PERSUASIVE.

He asked me financial questions that allowed him to zero in on just how much credit card debt I could incurr. Then I was handed off to a second person for the "closing". (I remember thinking that it was just like the old days of buying a car where they two-teamed you with the salesman going back and forth to "consult with his boss" and get a better deal for YOU")

You CAN get all the information PMI offers FOR FREE from eBay! Wish I had known that sooner. THIS IS DEFINATELY A SCAM!. The entire object is to find out what you can pay and then get you to commit. In my case it is $4975. What did you agree to pay?????

Dave's favorite web-site of Products (Premier Products) do not have much variety of products and they definately DO NOT SELL ON EBAY!!!

I can't sleep, I am in terrible debt on a fixed income, I need out!!!!! I'm ashamed to let my children know how very stupid their Mother was as they already worry about me. Has anyone successfully got out from under this committment????

Beverly
Sunbury, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2006 04:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auctions-For-Income-Professional-Marketing-International/Lindon-Utah-84042/UPDATE-Rip-off-Report-Investigation-Professional-Marketing-International-PMI-PMI-c-215713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auctions For Income, Professional Marketing International

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

Dear Beverly, my heart soooo goes out to you!!! While I have not been involved in this venture, I EASILY COULD HAVE BEEN, if not for this wonderful site!

Please do not be ashamed to tell your children what happened! We all make mistakes, and wow, when it comes to wanting to be financially independent, even easier to make mistakes. I am so sorry this happened to you, as I am for all the people who post that have been unfairly taken advantage of, and I do not feel anyone should be ashamed for wanting a better way of life, and not knowing in advance they are being deceived.

Obviously, I do not know your children, but I sure hope that if such a situation befell my parents or inlaws, that if they needed my help either because of the financial issues, or in maybe being able to help them get their money back, I WOULD WANT THEM TO TELL ME.

Being that you have ebay experience, yeah, I would be inclined myself to think that I would have an idea of what is possible on the internet. But if nothing else, at least you now know to check out any venture really thoroughly before contacting the business. And STILL you may be deceived, new ones are popping up all the time, but at least you would feel more confident before risking your hard-earned money again.

I am truly so sorry this happened to you. I expect to have a future similarly situated, most likely, of living off only what I can earn in a "normal" lifetime that doesn't include large salaries or "golden parachute" positions. The desire to increase a limited income is so understandable, and I sure hope your children will be of comfort and understanding, Beverly.