Complaint Review: Auctions For Income

• Submitted: Wed, May 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 07, 2005

• Reported By:Valencia Pennsylvania
Auctions For Income
5521 Schaefer Ave. Chino, California U.S.A.

Auctions For Income Deceptive High Pressure Presentation Chino California

*Consumer Comment: Been there, done that get-rick-quick infomercial

I bought the AFI package a month ago. Wasn't looking to get rich, just make some extra money drop shipping.

An AFI representative called in a week. I told her a bit about myself and that I planned to operate the business alone. The rep told me that she couldn't refer me to an AFI "account executive" until my wife, the rep, and "account executive" went through a 45-minute phone conversation during which my wife and I were expected to take notes and rely on the AFI manuals we'd already received.

Trying to get a refund should be interesting. I'd suggest hanging up before the "account executive" gets on the line and immediately cancelling the credit card you used when you purchased the AFI package.

John
Valencia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2004 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auctions-For-Income/Chino-California-91710-9070/Auctions-For-Income-Deceptive-High-Pressure-Presentation-Chino-California-93132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auctions For Income

Been there, done that get-rick-quick infomercial

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

I don't know anything about Auction for Income personally, but figured they operate like many other get-rick-quick infomercial.

Basically what happens is when you get your kit, a few weeks later, you will start to get telemarketing calls, with the high-pressure sales rep telling you that you only bought the "basic package" and to "make the money advertised on TV" you will need to purcahse more services, each one more expensive than the one before. (I found that out, when I got Don Lapre's package a few years back)

Also about the refunds, unless they specifically give you the "money back guarentee" in writing, they are not legally obligated to honor it, regardless of what they claim on TV