Complaint Review: Auddie Brown Chevrolet (Darlington SC)

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: Fedup — Darlington South Carolina United States of America
Auddie Brown Chevrolet (Darlington SC)
1050 Lochend Drive, Internet United States of America

Auddie Brown Chevrolet (Darlington SC) Store manager/finance manager Breech of contract! After a ridiculous amount of time! Terrible business practices, Internet

*Consumer Comment: FEDUP, SINCE CHEVROLET IS PART OF GENERAL MOTORS, AND GENERAL MOTORS IS PART OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE.........

*Consumer Comment: Spot Delivery

Auddie Brown Chevrolet 1050 Lochend Dr Darlington SC 29532-5698

Complaint Description: I Purchased a car from this dealership, signed all the contracts including tags finance agreement and bill of sale. they refuse to honor sale. I purchased or what I thought purchased a vehicle from Auddie Brown Chevrolet Darlington SC. on 2/18/2012 Signed everything was told I was approved just needed to get them a cell phone bill. I did ASAP.I signed all the contracts including the finance installment with the lenders name on it signed the bill of sale, gap insurance everything that you normally sign when you purchase a vehicle. everything is signed dated and i have all my copies.

I even transferred my tags,insurance and returned my other vehicle over to my x husband. two weeks later i call to see if they have finally gotten my car fax and my free oil change certificate. the guy was busy" so I left a message. The finance manager called me, left me a message to call him back ASAP. I called him back he told me that I needed to bring back the vehicle that he was unable to get me financed. This has been two weeks, I was assured that when I gave them my down payment the day I signed the contract and drove off of the lot was the proud owner of this car. The way this company practices business is not upstanding.

If I were to renege on a contract with I would be held responsible. why after that length of time and a the contracts clearly stating "No Cooling Off Period" am I a single mother having to worry about returning a vehicle the only one I have because they chose after 2 weeks NOT to honor a contract that I was signed, sealed and delivered? I feel they are liable for the contract I signed and they signed and told me that it was "done deal" they had gotten me approved! Also they gave me a great deal!! they should be forced to honor the contract and it's terms after all if the tables were turned they would make sure I did. I do not want to be out of a vehicle. I haveAuddie Brown Chevrolet 1050 Lochend Dr Darlington SC 29532-5698

If I were to renege on a contract with I would be held responsible. why after that length of time and a the contracts clearly stating "No Cooling Off Period" am I a single mother having to worry about returning a vehicle the only one I have because they didn't honor a contract that I was signed, sealed and delivered? I feel they are liable for the contract I signed and they signed and approved. they should be forced to honor the contract and it's terms after all they would make sure I did. I do not want to be out of a vehicle. I have no other means of transportation. for my self and my children. If they refuse Then They need to be liable for damages.

After all I will have NO vehicle or way to go to work or take my children to and from school. They have really put me in a bind.  no other means of transportation. for my self and my children. If they refuse Then They need to be liable for damages. After all I will have NO vehicle or way to go to work or take my children to and from school. They have really put me in a bind. I have heard that they have pulled this stunt to other people as well. They ridiculous thong is that they advertise on their building guaranteed approval. Maybe they mean for just two weeks or until their quota for sales for month is over? I'm thinking a "class action" maybe in order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 12:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auddie-Brown-Chevrolet-Darlington-SC/internet/Auddie-Brown-Chevrolet-Darlington-SC-Store-managerfinance-manager-Breech-of-contract-847463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auddie Brown Chevrolet (Darlington SC)

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

according to information that is available on the web, you might want to send a copy of your Ripoff Report to Ben Bernanke at the Federal Reserve in Washington D.C., so he knows what's going on, right?

Feel free to 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the five charts. General Motors is listed in 'Chart 3', correct? It's always best to go right to the top when you are experiencing problems with a company, wouldn't you agree?

You can also send a copy of your Ripoff Report to all of your Local News stations in your city. Put it to the attention of 'Investigative Reporter'.

Maybe one of the Investigative Reporters will contact you and expose your story on TV.

Good luck to you.

Spot Delivery

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First off when you write a report make sure you don't copy the same thing more than once...

- Believe it or not they did honor the contract.  There is a provision in the contract that says THEY have the right to rescind the deal if they can not get you financed.  Yes this seems unfair to the consumer where only the dealer can cancel the contract, but this is fairly standard.  This is why it is often a good idea to get your own financing BEFORE you go to the dealer.  That way you can walk in knowing exactly how much you can spend and are already officially approved.

What they did was do a "Spot Delivery" that is telling you that you can get financed when in fact you are not.  Dealers use this as a way to allow you to have the car while the financing is being worked out(such as if you purchase it on a weekend or in the evening when banks are not open).  Reputable dealers(finance managers) know if they can get you financed based on the information they have so this is generally not an issue.  However, some less than reputable dealers will do this knowing there is no way that you will get approved at the terms they give you.  The idea is to get you to take the car and get you to become attached to the car.  Then in a few days when they give you the "bad news" they hope you will just agree to less favorable terms(such as a higher interest rate, higher down payments, co-signer).

Now, it is hard to tell in this case how "honest" their intentions were.  Because you seem to indicate that they just had you return the car, and did not even offer you the less favorable terms.  So it may be truly a case where they thought you would get financed but something "popped up" and they could not.