Complaint Review: Audio Concept

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Eugene Oregon
Audio Concept
SE Federal Way Federal Way, Washington U.S.A.

Audio Concept Sold bunk surround system claiming to be some Divinci D-7 of MSRP $3,229 Federal Way Washington

*Consumer Comment: Similar Experience, Washington

DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System List MSRP $3229.00 for complete home theater system, this guy driving a mini van with Washington plates flagged me down in traffic at a stoplight told me he got 3 extra systems by mistake and needed to get rid off them before his next delivery if possible. He claimed to have been delivering the systems to a strip club and had just sold one of the extras to another guy for $600. He said he was just the delivery guy and he worked for a company out of Washington state called Audio Concepts. He did show a magazine with the products and also a receipt for his last delivery. He started to offer me two systems for $600 when I started to say I didn't need them and walk away. He then finally asked what I could offer, I said $250 or so. He went for $300 and even followed me to the bank to get the cash and waited behind me in the drive through. After I got the cash he pulled over and sold me the stuff after opening the box and briefly showing me the product. He was about 5'8" w/ a mustache and clean shaven Hawaiian guy w/ dark hair. Had lots of sunglasses hanging from the rear view mirror and a laser detector on the windshield. I opened the box at home and looked closer and it looks like poor quality junk made overseas somewhere as an imitaition. I can't believe I got this junk that I don't even need now and am $300 in the hole. I checked the website of this product and it looks pretty similar, from this company out California is this company even real that manufactures/sells DiVinci products? This Audio Concept company doesn't even exist. I checked online and found out I have been suckered. This scam has been around years and they still got me.

Anyone else with similar experience in this area please contact me.

Got Suckered in Eugene
Eugene, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2008 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audio-Concept/Federal-Way-Washington/Audio-Concept-Sold-bunk-surround-system-claiming-to-be-some-Divinci-D-7-of-MSRP-3229-Fed-393977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audio Concept

Similar Experience, Washington

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I experienced exactly what you did in late December. A man approached me in a parking lot and wouldn't stop his sales pitch. We settled on $300, he followed me to the bank, and started to open the box and show me the product. Then he was off with my money. I tried to resolve this through the Attorney General's Office and the Department of Licensing. He wrote out and signed a receipt for me, just with a fake phone #. Audio Concept IS a real business, owned by Gordon Martinez in Federal Way. If you'd like, contact me at: (((ROR redacted))) I don't know what it will accomplish, but I can share all the other information I have.