Complaint Review: AudioFile

• Submitted: Fri, October 17, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2003

• Reported By:TX Texas
AudioFile
Austin, TX Austin, Texas U.S.A.

AudioFile 583LR Speakers RIPOFF Austin Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: the gulible one ..I WAS AN IDIOT AND PAID 400$.

I was approached by 2 guys in their young 20's at a Carwash right off of 35N right before Hopkins exit on October 15th, 2003. One guy was white and the other was a somewhat darker skin, they looked like normal college students. They were in a newer style Ford Explorer with alot of speakers in the back. They said they had received too many speakers and were free for them, but if they took them back, their boss would just keep them. So, they wanted to sell a pair to me so that they could get a hotel and store them so they could later sell them on ebay for $3000. They were AudioFile 583 LR Tower Speakers, one guy showed me a colorfull brochure that showed they retailed for $1500 each ($3000 a pair).

The first guy was trying to get me to pay $600 and I told them there was no way in hell, in fact he wanted me to have them follow me to my house to see if I had anything worth of value that could be traded to reach $600 and of course I told him no.

I offered $100 and the guy almost upset that I was offering so low. So I just said too bad and walked off. Then the other guy jumped out and came to talk to me eventually saying how his friend was being greedy and everything and that he could do it for $150, so unfortunately I did it.

The second guys name (atleast what he told me) was Aurelio(the darker skined guy) and he even gave me his number so that we could hang out next time I was in Austin. So far I've heard they aren't horrible speakers and that anything over $150 would truely be a ripoff, so I'm not horribly mad, but I know they could of easily made $600+ from another gulable idiot like myself.

Mike
TX, Texas

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2003 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AudioFile/Austin-Texas/AudioFile-583LR-Speakers-RIPOFF-Austin-Texas-69388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AudioFile

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

the gulible one ..I WAS AN IDIOT AND PAID 400$.

AUTHOR: DANIEL - (U.S.A.)

TODAY'S DATE IS 12/12/3 AT ABOUT 245PM WHEN I WAS AT A DRIVE THROUGH BANK OF AMERICA ATM IN OCALA, FLORIDA; TO DEPOSIT MY CHECK I WAS APPROACH BY TWO PEOPLE IN A NEW SILVER FORD EXPEDITION WITH THE EXACT SAME DESCRIPTION AND THE SAME STORY LINE OF THE ARTICLE I RESPONDED TO. THE STORY I READ WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER AND IT WAS IN AUSTON TEXAS AND NOW THEY ARE IN OCALA FLORIDA. HOW MANY SPEAKERS DO THE HAVE? I WAS AN IDIOT AND PAID 400$.