Complaint Review: AudioFile

• Updated: Mon, December 09, 2002

• Reported By:Hialeah Florida
AudioFile
, California U.S.A.

AudioFile ripoff consumers just like me California

Hi, My Story is similar to the ones listed here. I live in Miami Lakes, FL, On Wed Dec. 4, 2002; three guys in an SUV approached me next to a gas station, and asked " How about some free speakers ? ", Naturally I said if they are free let me see them. And they pulled over and showed me 4 pair of speakers that they apparently got by mistakes from some vendors and they couldn't returned them to the Company because they won't get their money back.

Victimizing consumers just like me.

They showed me a paper with the price of these floorstanding Speakers costing &1400 USd a piece (Suggested Price). I was amazed by the specs I saw on the guides and they asked me $350 a piece. As I was walking to an ATM to get some money they said any money I have on me will do. I said I only have $50.00. And they Reply $50.00 a piece is not much as he has to pay his other partner in the Car. Finally we agreed on $120 for one pair of Speaker (Oak, in box, very neat).
One of the guy in the car said I really worked his partner since I have the speakers for a good price and said to enjoy the Sound Quality.
When I got home the first thing I did was to plug my Amp on The speaker to enjoy these 400 Watt Speaker Home Theater quality sound. They sound Awkward, and I started to investigate on the Internet for this AudioFile Company and landed here where I can tell you my Story.

Morality : Beware of anything that comes naturally to you in the streets.

Jean
Miami Lakes, Florida

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2002 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AudioFile/California/AudioFile-ripoff-consumers-just-like-me-California-37374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AudioFile