Complaint Review: AudioFile

• Submitted: Fri, October 17, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, September 25, 2004

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
AudioFile
Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

AudioFile Speaker Scam Duo two young males SUV Bank parking lot SCAM Ripoff Colorado Springs Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: i know their location

*Consumer Comment: he got me too

*Consumer Suggestion: I got the bastards ..cops charged them for illegal sales

I made a deposit at my bank, here in Colorado Springs, CO at around 1:00 pm mountain time on 17 Oct, 2003. As I was walking out of the bank and heading towards my car, two young caucasian guys (one seemed to be late teens maybe and the other just a little older, maybe early to mid 20's) in a grey hatchback SUV (newer model, looked like it was in new or like new condition), pulled up to me and asked if I wanted some speakers. I thought they were just giving them away at first, so of course I said yeah, I'll take them if your giving them away.

They backed into a parking spot and opened the back hatch. They had at least 8 or 10 large boxes of these AudioFile 583LR speakers in the back and a bunch of other boxes of stuff as well. I asked again if they were giving them away or if they were trying to sell them. The older guy of the two was a real smooth, fast talking kind of guy.

He said no, no he couldn't give them away, that he had to get something for them. He said his boss ordered to many or gave him to many by accident for delivery, or something like that. That was his story anyway. He showed me a laminated sheet with pictures and info that had a price of somewhere around $1495.00 per speaker. He seemed to be a legit guy that was just trying to get whatever he could for these "high definition" speakers.

He took them out of the box and showed me the various features. He said he was trying to get at least $500 per speaker or $1000 for the pair. I said I don't have that kind of money and that I'm not really in the market for speakers, so I started walking slowly towards my car, but he persisted, and eventually talked me into buying a pair.

I feel like the ultimate dumb-ass now, not only because I let him talk me into it, but I paid more than any other person I've read about; I paid $600 for the pair and for icing on the cake, he also talked me into giving him another $20 for beer money.

I truly thought that I was getting a good deal and that even though I didn't want to keep the speakers for myself, that I might be able to sell them and make a few bucks. I've never been conned so bad in my life and to say that I'm upset is the biggest understatement in the universe. After I got home and read about the scams these guys do all over the country, I immediately got in my car and went back to where I bought them. I drove around the city for about two hours looking for these guys, but I'm sure they are probably long gone and have moved on to another city or state.

If anyone finds these guys, I would like to be the first to know. I will offer a worthy reward if someone tells me where these @#$%$# crooks are. Contact me by using the rebuttal box. Live and learn I guess.

Ryan
Colorado Springs, Colorado

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2003 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AudioFile/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80916/AudioFile-Speaker-Scam-Duo-two-young-males-SUV-Bank-parking-lot-SCAM-Ripoff-Colorado-Sprin-69413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AudioFile

i know their location

AUTHOR: Vince - (U.S.A.)

700 corporate circle, golden, co.

he got me too

AUTHOR: Dominic - (U.S.A.)

I dont want to say to much but he got me too. It must have been the same person. He was in a Silver Dodge Durango with chrome rims (most likely paid for by *ssh*l*s like us). This happened just the other day so he is probably in the SoCal area or even Mexico right now looking to spend my money on christmas presents or "ol' lady H". I thought it was different on the west coast but i guess it is the same sh*t in a different light.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I got the bastards ..cops charged them for illegal sales

AUTHOR: Matt - (Algeria)

I was also conned by these same people in a similar fassion. On the 27th of October in a King Soopers parking lot they sold me the same bs story about an over shipment and needed to get rid of them. I paid about $380 for them and went home. I then looked up the speakers only to find out i'd been had. My roommate and I went out looking for them for about an hour. When we were about to head home we saw them in a bank parking lot showing their stuff to someone else. I called the cops and tailed the guys till they setteled down to make the sale away from the bank. The cops showed up and busted them. I got my money back and the cops charged them for illegal sales or something. They weren't arrested but I'm sure there information is in the computer and they will have a court date up here soon. See what you can do and if that helps you get your money back.