Complaint Review: Audiofile THX 6.1 Home Theater System

• Submitted: Sat, December 13, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2003

• Reported By:Simi Valley California
Audiofile THX 6.1 Home Theater System
Santa Rosa Or Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Audiofile THX 6.1 Home Theater System Sales Scam/ Mis Representation inflated suggested Retail of $1999.00 ripoff Santa Rosa Or Sacramento California

On 12/10/03 I was approached by 2 white guys about 20-25 yrs in a late model Ford Expedition (maybe an Explorer) it was Blue. I got the same story about how they were given to much merchandise when they went to pick up an order for there boss. Of course they wanted several hundred dollars for the stuff, And I thought I was getting a good deal by paying $225.00. They even gave me a lift to an ATM. The system is cheap china made junk with an over inflated suggested Retail of $1999.00. They even had a color newspaper style catalog with several different surround sound systems in it, including the one they were selling for about $1800. They Had a sales receipt for the original pick up order and there were graphics and advertising on the outside of the SUV. I don't recall the name on the truck but it was something like Precision Audio or stereo (not sure}.

I was a trusting Fool. I should have known. My path will cross with them again. They know how determined I will be when Justice is in my sights. I did get the Lic# of the truck.

Simi Valley, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2003 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audiofile-THX-61-Home-Theater-System/Santa-Rosa-Or-Sacramento-California/Audiofile-THX-61-Home-Theater-System-Sales-Scam-Mis-Representation-inflated-suggested-Re-74953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audiofile THX 6.1 Home Theater System