Complaint Review: Audiofile

• Updated: Sat, May 15, 2004

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Audiofile
Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Audiofile Scam Audiofile speakers, same story, same two guys, they lied to me Austin Texas

Well, I got scammed.... Damn, it hurt too...

Yesterday, May 14, Two guys approached me at Wendy's (In Austin, Tx off of S. Congress and 290)while I was just picking up some food. They honked at me and asked me if I wanted to check out some speakers that they had for a "good deal". The preceded to lie about how they had some extra speakers from a pickup and that they needed to get rid of them or their boss would take them home...

They told me the speakers were worth $1,500 (even showed me a brochure and warranty). I ended up paying $220 bucks for just one speaker (I had planned to purchase one more if they were any good). They scammed me... I was hurt...

But, I offer this information to those who read this... If you been scammed by these two guys (one white guy with blonde hair and a dark hispanic? with shining sunglasses that seemed to be "cool", contact me... We can get these guys through the right legal process... Don't feel ashamed... I did and it's just not worth it.

Paul
Austin, Texas

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2004 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audiofile/Austin-Texas-78745/Audiofile-Scam-Audiofile-speakers-same-story-same-two-guys-they-lied-to-me-Austin-Texas-91565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audiofile