Complaint Review: Audiofile

• Submitted: Fri, May 14, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2004

• Reported By:Folsom California
Audiofile
PO Box 2655 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 626-333-7384
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Audiofile stereo speakers ripoff, scam, fraud, dishonest City Of Industry California

I was walking out of the store and got approached by two white males, 20-25 in age and was asked if I wanted some speakers for cheap. I wasn't busy so I decided to hear them out.

They gave me some lame story about ordering too many and their boss would fire them. They showed me some brochure of the speakers retailing for $1.3K and I told them I only had about $300, which they agreed to.
Before I even agreed to buy them one guy was already unloading the speakers out of their SUV and bringing them to my car, then asked if one could ride in my car to make sure I didn't ditch the with their speakers. After I gave them the money we parted ways and I found out about this scam.

Kevin
Folsom, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2004 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audiofile/City-Of-Industry-California-91746/Audiofile-stereo-speakers-ripoff-scam-fraud-dishonest-City-Of-Industry-California-91527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audiofile