Complaint Review: Audiofile

• Submitted: Tue, March 12, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, March 19, 2002

• Reported By:
audiofile speaker scam Elk Grove, California U.S.A.

Audiofile speaker scam, rip-off scam liars Elk Grove California

Again the same story was given to me and I fell for it yesterday (3/11/02). Two men in a green 4X4 95-98 chevy tahoe (w/ a fireman emblem on the license plate) pulled up next to me in front of the Wal-mart in Elk Grove. They asked me if I was interested and of course being the sucker I am fell for it. I pitched out 200 bucks for 2 of these "1200 dollar" speakers. As soon as I got to some tools, I pulled them apart. Much to my surprise.....JUNK! They work and sound ok for 200 dollar speakers, if that's what I was buying. But of course was assured otherwise. If anyone can give me the address to get a refund of some sort/file a complaint to let me know.

Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audiofile/Elk-Grove-California-95624/Audiofile-speaker-scam-rip-off-scam-liars-Elk-Grove-California-16602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audiofile