Complaint Review: Audiofile

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2003

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
White Van Tallahassee, Florida U.S.A.

Audiofile THX 6.1 Speakers ripoff Mahan and Magnolia, Tallahassee and Florida

Apporached by 2 guys in a white van while at a light. Gave me BS story about working for Worldwide Audio in Jacksonville and were here doing an install, brought 2 many speakers and if they took them back, the boss would screw them and keep them for himself as he's done in the past.

While initially suspicious (always trust your first instinct) I pulled over and looked at them, they had a catalog with pricin , the speakers looked legit, nice sealed box, and my hodge podge system at home hadn't been cutting it for awhile.

Long story short, I gave them $250.00 (list was $1,999.00), thinking I got a good deal. Got home to look up Audiofile on the net and first sights I find are this national ripoff. I was temtpted to go out and chase the guys down as I don't live that far from the scene. But it's my own stupid fault. Wife is not lovin me right now. Beware!

Tallahassee, Florida

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2003 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Audiofile/Tallahassee-Florida-32301/Audiofile-THX-61-Speakers-ripoff-Mahan-and-Magnolia-Tallahassee-and-Florida-1032713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Audiofile