Complaint Review: Aura Vie

• Submitted: Mon, March 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: Liz — Deerfield Beach Florida
Aura Vie

Aura Vie Replenish pop-up ad offering free trial for $2.95 with no restrictions listed, then charged $97.88 when shipped! Internet

BEWARE:  Responded to a pop-up ad on the Internet for AuraVie skincare products trial for $2.95.  NOTHING was stated regarding membership in this or that a charge would ensue if product was not returned within a certain time frame, etc.   .......NOTHING!

The $2.95 charge appeared on my credit card statement the following month.  When the product arrived, there was NOTHING in the box or attached to it other than the product, to indicate a time limit to respond or return to avoid any future charges.

This month I received a $97.88 charge on my credit card from same company, which was posted the day the product was shipped!

I called to find out why this was charged and was told by a customer service rep that all this was spelled out in the offer.  I repeatedly explained it was not and asked if the charge would be removed if I sent back the product and he repeatedly argued that the details were spelled out regarding the $97.88 charge.  I assured him that if they were, I would never have ordered the product.

He then put me on hold before coming back, stating he would give me the employee discount and take $25.00 off my charges.  I explained that this was, in effect, charging $75.00 for a trial product which was advertised on line for $2.95 and I would have to report it, at which time he rescinded the offer!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aura-Vie/internet/Aura-Vie-Replenish-pop-up-ad-offering-free-trial-for-295-with-no-restrictions-listed-th-1035792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aura Vie