Complaint Review: AuraVie Skincare

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: Gregory — Sarasota Florida U.S.A.
AuraVie Skincare
7900 Gloria Ave Van Nuys, California United States of America

AuraVie Skincare Bunzai Media Group 10 Day "Risk Free" Trial Sample Package Van Nuys, California

I ordered the AuraVie "Rejuvinating" skin care sample package.  The advertisement said I had a 10-day "risk free" trial period.   If I was not satisfied with the product, all I had to do is cancel by calling their Customer Service phone number, and no further product would be mailed to me.   If I like the product, I just "do nothing" and a monthly supply will be mailed to me with my credit card charged.   I received my package on April 20, 2012.  I called their CS phone line on Monday, April 23 to cancel.   Imagine my surprise when I was told I had to mail back the sample package or I would be charged $$92.88 (charged to my credit card!)!!!!

I'm so glad I visited this RIPOFF REPORT Website!   There are LOTS of complaints here.  When I called to cancel the subscription, the CS Representative got quite defensive with me.  He told me I had until May 15 to return the intorductory sample box (or my credit card will be charged $92.88) AND I have to write  "RMA 10 789 714" on the box, or it would not be acknowledged!!!!

I am also so glad I used my bank debit card to place this order!  After reading all these RipOff Reports, it looks like AuraVie will send me another months supply and charge me $92.88....well, I have a surprise for them!   I called my bank, and for a $5.00 service charge, they cancelled my card!

They will issue a new card (with a new number) to me soon.   It is well worth the $5 because AuraVie will not be able to charge my checking accound anymore!  If they try to charge me $92.88, they will find that the "Credit Card" number is no longer valid!   Thanx to Iberia Bank for all of their help and understanding and super-fast service.   I called the bank an hour ago, and the "credit card" number is no longer valid!   Screw You, AuraVie!   You got only $3.02 for the sample pack.  It's going to cost me $5.98 to ship it back to them, so actually, AuraVie has cost me almost $10 for this "terrible mistake".    I really should keep the sample package and see if they call me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie-Skincare/Van-Nuys-California-91406/AuraVie-Skincare-Bunzai-Media-Group-10-Day-Risk-Free-Trial-Sample-Package-Van-Nuys-Cali-874157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie Skincare