• Report: #1119633

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Joyce Adams — Clearlake California
AuraVie
16161 Ventura Blvd. #378 Encino, Calabasas, California USA

AuraVie, Refresh, Skinish shoddy, deceptive business practices characterize these companies Encino, Calabasas California

Some time in late December I was in the middle of signing a petition for CREDO, an organizastion that generates petitions for various political and environmental causes.  A pop-up came on the screen, saying that I would receive a free gift for answering a few survey questions. Not reallyi thinking abouit it, I answered the few questions and was taken to a screen where I was told I had to pay shipping and handling to receive my "free" gift, and was given a choice of three different gifts; I had expected the shipping/handling charges, as many companies promote their products in such a manner.

I used my debit card to pay the $4.95, which was deducted from my account on January 2, 2014, and about a week later received a package via USPS, which contained small containers of three of their products: Renew, Revive and Replenish. There was no invoice with the products, but I did not expect one.

Nothing was mentioned, at any time, about this being a "trial" offer.

In checking my account with Bank of the West on 1/28/14, I noticed a debit of $97.88 from "Refresh" products. I immediatelyi called the number of the transaction entry and was informed that they received calls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. As it was after 4, I called back the following day, 1/29/14.

I spent about an hour total on their phone line, after answering a simple "Press 1 for this" and so on.  I was able to cancel my account, but could get no further into the company than to be put on hold, where I listened to a very poor quality of "Take Five" for 13 minutes, then another 22 minutes when I called back (in hopes of getting other options). I called this number again this date and got the same recordings and the same "Take Five".

I checking over my account thoroughly, I found that they had taken the shipping/handling charges twice, the first time being $4.95 on 1/2/14; the second deduction was on 1/13 and was divided between $3.02 for Refresh and $1.93 for a company entitled Skinish in Calabasas, CA, phone number 855-674-6188. When I called the Calabasas number, I got the exact same menu choices (only 2), went through the same options and listened to the same "Take Five" recording, so I assume the two companies are one and the same.

I want my $97.88 returned to me, as I never authorized any such deductiion. This is fraudulent and shoddy business practices. I am 69 years and on social security retirement; needless to say, I cnnot afford what amounts to a month's grocery money to pay for this nonsence.

I have not been to my bank yet, but will go there this afternoon and file fraud charges with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie/Encino-Calabasas-California/AuraVie-Refresh-Skinish-shoddy-deceptive-business-practices-characterize-these-compani-1119633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie