Complaint Review: AuraVie

• Reported By: Gigi — Midvale Utah
AuraVie
P.O. Box 10465, Van Nuys, California USA

AuraVie Aura of Youth Predatory on-line sales ,free trial. Van Nuys California

AuraVie of Van Nuys, Calornia offered a free trial of their cosmetic product for $4.95 for shipping and handling.  Product received and tried.  Cancelled for re-ship only to be told I would be charged for shipment of $98. and change because I didn't cancel within 7-day trial period.  My packing slip that came with product did NOT make any note of such trial data.  When I told their CSR rep this on the phone, she read info from my 'credit card page' which I did examine carefully. I was just paying my money for free trial.  CSR told me I would still be charged full price for three sample bottles of their product.  One of which burned my eyes so badly that I had to pull over my vehicle and rinse my eyes with water to stop the tearing.  I volunteered to return the unused portion of the product to which they replied.  NO.. They said they would settle to take off %60 of the the full cost, which still left me paying $40.00 for their sample size product.  This is disgraceful and I consider it predatory in nature (looking for suckers who don't don't read the fine print).  CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I told CSR that I would be disputing charge with my credit card company and with FTC and she told me it wouldn't do any good and I would end up paying for the shipment anyway.  All the while telling me that she was trying to be helpful.  She put me on hold for just enough time to come back on the line and tell me her supervisor offered to reduce charge by 60%.

Unsavory business practice if you ask me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie/Van-Nuys-California-91410/AuraVie-Aura-of-Youth-Predatory-on-line-sales-free-trial-Van-Nuys-California-1065712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie