Complaint Review: AuraVie

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Androski — Citrus Springs Florida
AuraVie
PO Box 10465 van nuys, California USA

AuraVie claimed it was a sample and didn't tell you they would charge 97 dollars in 10 days van nuys California

Website said you would get a sample of their skin care product if you paid $4.95 shipping.  I looked and looked for the fine print and it said nothing about being billed in the future or anything other than you were getting a sample of the product.

I then discovered that 10 days later they billed my credit card for 97 dollars.  When I called, the woman put me on hold for quite awhile after getting my name and then proceeded to try and take me to a website that had the terms.  I insisted that there were no terms shown to me during the entire purchase process and that I actively sought them out.  She emailed me the terms.  I again insisted it didn't matter as I hadn't seem them in the first place.  The end result is that she continued to insist that I had seen the terms and agreed to them when I paid the shipping charge and would refund me 25 dollars of the 97 billed to me.

I am an educated woman and consumer and this is ridiculous.  A sample is different from a trial and what they are doing is actually a trial. In addition, the terms were not shown during the check out process.

This company is a scam!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie/van-nuys-California/AuraVie-claimed-it-was-a-sample-and-didnt-tell-you-they-would-charge-97-dollars-in-10-d-1054625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie