- Report: #835218
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Auravie Skincare
Auravie Skincare7900 Gloria Avenue Van Nuys, California United States of America
Auravie Skincare www.rachelray.com Using a counterfeit website, Auravie gave the impression that they were affiliated with the Rachael Ray website Van Nuys, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
After taking a four-question survey, I was given the choice of one of three *FREE* prizes. I picked the first one on the list, and was redirected to the Auravie website. Throughout the process of ordering the "free" prize, the word "free" was featured repeatedly.
After completing the order, I received an email which noted that my *FREE* offer was actually only a 10-day trial, at the end of which I would be billed $97.88 unless I cancelled the order within ten days of submitting it...not after having the merchandise for a ten-day trial.
I immediately called and cancelled the order. I was told that it had not shipped, but that I would be charged for the mailing label because it was already printed. [continued below]....
A few days later, the merchandise arrived in the mail. I called to verify that it had been cancelled, and the customer service representative confirmed that it had been cancelled before they shipped. However, he stated that they would still bill be for the merchandise even though it was unsolicitied having been shipped after cancellation. He told me to return it to avoid charges, which I did.
Fraudulent actions by Auravie Skincare:
- Their website at rachelray.com is an intentional misrepresentation.
- That website has a picture of Rachael Ray to reinforce the notion that it is genuine and affiliated with that celebrity.
- The *FREE* prize found on a several web pages is actually only a 10-day trial after which you are charged for the merchandise.
- Even after cancelling the order and the account, the company still ships the merchandise and states that they will bill you for it.
- The customer service representative threatened that the company would "turn you over for collection if you don't pay for the merchandise" unless it is returned within the ten-day trial period.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auravie-Skincare/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Auravie-Skincare-wwwrachelraycom-Using-a-counterfeit-website-Auravie-gave-the-impressio-835218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.