Complaint Review: Auravie

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: M.E. — California
Auravie
Van Nuys, California USA

Auravie HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM and they somehow obtained my information and sent me a package Van Nuys California

I had never even heard of this company before receiving their package in the mail. (I have no interest in beauty supplies as I have used the same brand for years.) I have no idea how they obtained my information. The information they did have was out of date, including my address and telephone number.

I began systematically going through my auxiliary email accounts to see if I had ever received spam from them. Sure enough, there were two emails from them. One was confirming "my" order and the other was to confirm shipment of the product. I immediately contacted my bank's fraud department. I also had a protracted email exchange with Auravie "customer support" that went something like this:

I told Auravie rep that I had never heard of their company and that they had fraudulently obtained and attempted to use my information. They responded with an automated reply. I wrote back and reiterated. They wrote back twice in the span of a few minutes. One was another automated reply, but the other was more personalized. I was assured that I would be refunded for the two charges ($1.02 and $193.00). I wrote back and said it was kind of them to "refund" money which I had never authorized them to take in the first place. I told them that their refund wasn't enough, and that I would be taking legal action, since they chose to steal my information.

The odd thing is, I have never seen any actual charges on my bank statement. I think that they probably had obsolete credit card information and were trying to use that. I don't know. But in any case, this company is a fraud through and through.

As a side note, if every person on these complaint boards were to call their toll-free number several times a day, then we would quickly put them out of business. They are charged for those calls. The caller is not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auravie/Van-Nuys-California/Auravie-HAD-NEVER-EVEN-HEARD-OF-THEM-and-they-somehow-obtained-my-information-and-sent-me-1077830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auravie