Complaint Review: Aurora Loan Services

• Submitted: Sun, July 25, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, July 25, 2004

• Reported By:Glenwood Springs Colorado
Aurora Loan Services
601 5th Street, Nationwide U.S.A.

Aurora Loan Services they insisted I owed them for insurance escrow on my condo loan Scottsbluff Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: FYI: like a hawk - human error

First of all, ALS has about three or four different departments in as many different cities, which makes communication with them difficult.

My loan was sold to ALS who insisted that I owed them $64.31 per month on my loan to cover insurance escrow. I purchased a condo, where insurance is covered my my monthly homeowner's association dues. That amount is the same as my Private Mortage Insurance.

That set off red flags and alarms that something was wrong on their part--a "keying" error. I found that out only afer I called my orginal lender who had to "go to bat" for me and point out ALS's blatant error.

After about two hours on the phone to different departments in different cities, obtaining help from the orginal lender, my home owner's association's insurance company, obtaining advice from inurance agents, and three hours writing letters, faxing photocopying, etc. I think (note that word "think") I have everything worked out. Only time will tell.

But I had to do their job for them and prove they were wrong and I was right. Stay tuned. I won't beleive it until I receive a statement from ALS and it indicates $0.00 in the insurance escrow line.

To make things worse, the "customer care" department and insurance escrow department are open 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, which is unfair to me and my employer because I have no choice but to take away from my work time to solve their mistake which is my problem. If I were to bill them for taking up my valuable time, they would owe me about $600.00.

ALS has lost my trust, and will need to earn it back. I will watch these people like a hawk and will use some sort of method of tracking my payment as to when it is received and posted to my account. I have learned my lesson--the hard way.

Chris
Glenwood Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2004 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aurora-Loan-Services/nationwide/Aurora-Loan-Services-they-insisted-I-owed-them-for-insurance-escrow-on-my-condo-loan-Scott-100462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aurora Loan Services

FYI: like a hawk - human error

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

First off I would like to say that there is only ONE servicing center for Aurora Loan Services. Each time you call you reach the same place. You can watch Aurora like a hawk but that doesn't mean that there will never be human error. Apparently there is no such thing in your world. I have one word for you REFINANCE.