Complaint Review: Aurora Motel And Cabins

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
Aurora Motel And Cabins
2016 College Road, Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.
  • Phone: 907-451-1935
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Aurora Motel And Cabins Overcharged and refused to refund/ Baited and Switched Fairbanks Alaska

*Author of original report: False Advertising

I booked an agreed upon price with Dan Foltz by telephone for a 1 BR furnished apartment for 10 days. When I got there, he was on vacation and a lady named Faye put me in a 1 room stinking filthy cabin with a toilet leaking out the bottom and a shower that had only scalding hot water. Both items they refused to fix. She charged me the 1BR apartment rate, over charging me by $69. When I pointed this out to her she refused to call Dan Foltz and "disturb him". I stayed because I had a limited budget.

When Foltz returned, after I had checked out, I called him and he agreed to refund me the $69. After 6 weeks and 6 phone calls to him with him assuring me he would refund my $69, he has not done so. In my experience and opinion, he is a liar and a cheat. Other cabins are occupied by full term alcoholics, and trash is overflowing and littered. My cabin smelled like an open sewer.

Mark
El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aurora-Motel-And-Cabins/Fairbanks-Alaska-99709/Aurora-Motel-And-Cabins-Overcharged-and-refused-to-refund-Baited-and-Switched-Fairbanks-A-360431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aurora Motel And Cabins

False Advertising

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to mention on my original report that besides the alkies not cleaning up their dogs doo, the cabin DID NOT HAVE A TELEPHONE AND CABLE TV as they advertise on their website. The TV was broken anyway.