Complaint Review: Austin Bazaar Musical Instraments

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Austin Bazaar Musical Instraments
13730 Immanuel Road Pflugerville, Texas U.S.A.

Austin Bazaar Musical Instraments BUYER BEWARE! Scam artists who do not back their products Pflugerville Texas

I bought a guitar for my son as a Christmas present. The first week of February I brought my son for his first guitar lesson and his instructor informed me the guitar would not stay plugged in to the amp. He also said the sound of the guitar is off and cannot be tuned which renders it basically useless. I contacted Austin Bazaar immediately to ask them for a replacement, not a refund because I knew it was beyond the return period, although only by 2 weeks, but I expected it come with a warranty. I emailed and was emailed back that the return date had passed.. I emailed again saying I understand that but the guitar is defective and I did not want a refund but I would like one that worked. I got no further response. I called and only got a voice mail machine and of course nobody called me back. I called a dozen times all different times of the day never did anyone answer the phone. I spent $100 on a guitar that was worthless. Since I do not play I had no way of knowing this until I brought him for his first lesson. I had to buy my son another guitar so he could take lessons. No reputable company would leave a customer with a defective product and refuse to answer calls. Guitar Stop is a great company; this is where I bought the second, far superior guitar that cost the exact same amount. Also because I used Paypal for the purchase and it was not an Ebay item Paypal would do nothing to help me. Something else I found very upsetting and disappointing. From now on when I shop online I use my credit card, if I had I may have had some recourse through my credit card company.

Kathleen
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2008 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-Bazaar-Musical-Instraments/Pflugerville-Texas-78660/Austin-Bazaar-Musical-Instraments-BUYER-BEWARE-Scam-artists-who-do-not-back-their-product-340968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin Bazaar Musical Instraments