Complaint Review: Austin Boats & Motors

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Rachel — Wimberley Texas United States of America
Austin Boats & Motors
1208 S FM 620 Austin, Texas United States of America

Austin Boats & Motors I Know That's What We Said...But We Were Just Kidding.... Austin, Texas

It's very disappointing how badly I've been deceived by AB&M when we recently tried to sell our boat to them.  After confirming a price of a sale on our boat and agreeing to it via e-mail AND via handshake, I thought I was working with honest people...I was sadly mistaken. This is the email I received today from AB&M:

"I am unsure of the status of the repairs.  I heard they were working on it last week but not sure if it is completed. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we have discontinued all used boat purchases.  However, we are still taking in consignment boats.  We will be closing this Friday thru January 7th. Once the repairs are completed, we can move forward with the consignment process."

Previously, we had also agreed that I would bring them a livewell cable and replace that myself if needed, but after I called and asked if I could make a payment towards the balance, I was told not all of the parts were in and there was no total yet, nor was I able to get information on what the total balance was.  Now that I see the invoice, I see that I was charged a total of $265 for the replacement of that cable and the valve associated.  That's pretty bad business, in my opinion.  I was told on Friday, 12/14/12, that I needed to replace the impeller that had just been replaced in April, 2012, which I provided them with proof of, but because they had agreed to buy the boat, I agreed to have the work done that their service department recommended in order to ensure the sale went through properly.

Unfortunately, I feel that I have done everything in my power to ensure this deal went smoothly but I don't feel that has been reciprocated through the actions of their dealership.  I have been brought up to believe that a man's handshake was his word, but that handshake agreement we made is apparently now void.  As a customer service agent myself, the service I have received from Austin Boats and Motors is 100% unacceptable.  I won't be consigning my boat.  I'd rather sell it myself than anyone else have to be put through what AB&M has put me through.  This is very unfortunate, as I have a family member and 2 very close FLW Fishing friends who are looking to purchase a Ranger Boat in the next 8-12 months.  They will be finding a different dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-Boats-Motors/Austin-Texas-78734/Austin-Boats-Motors-I-Know-Thats-What-We-SaidBut-We-Were-Just-Kidding-Austin-T-983969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin Boats & Motors