Complaint Review: Austin Express Towing

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — austin Texas United States of America
Austin Express Towing
4315 south congress ave austin, Texas United States of America

Austin Express Towing Towing Company Calls Cops After Customer Hires Them austin, Texas

I hired this company to tow a car across town.  The car was unregistered so I didn't want to take a chance driving it.  When we arrived at the destination the driver told me he only accepted cash.  This is something that was not revealed when I ordered the tow.  The driver then told me if I didn't cough up the cash he would tow me to his yard and charge me $190 instead of $85.  He required me to leave my keys with him while I went to the bank to get a withdrawal to make up for the fact that I only had $55 on me.  When I got back from the bank I discovered that the driver had run across the street to  alert a police officer in his car that I was driving drunk and that the police would want to talk to me when i returned from the bank!  In fact, I'm a non-drinker and I was only driving slowly while leading the tow truck to the destination.  It was not clear to me if the driver knew where he was going.  This company is absolutely NOT RECOMMENDED!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-Express-Towing/austin-Texas-/Austin-Express-Towing-Towing-Company-Calls-Cops-After-Customer-Hires-Them-austin-Texas-989263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin Express Towing