Complaint Review: Authentic American

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:LaGrange North Carolina
Authentic American
12154 Montague Pacoima, California U.S.A.

Authentic American Where are my missing "First Quarters" for my map that I paid for years in advance? Pacoima California

I paid $71.92 + 9.00 S&H = $80.92 for 5 quarters/year for 8 years. Now granted the quarters were released for 10 years would leave me 2 years short; however, I received my last quarters for the year 2001. Also in 2000 I was shorted New Hampshire and Virginia with a note that stated they "have not yet been minted" and they I would receive them by December 31st, 2000. I still don't have them.

When I realized I had not received 2002 quarters, I wrote the company a letter on March 14, 2003, advising them of the missing quarters. Meanwhile, our address had been changed due to implementing "911" physical street addresses to replace rural route and box addresses in our area. I advised them of my address change as I attributed the missing quarters to the address change and I had failed to advise them of the change.

Needless to say, I never received a response from the company nor any more quarters. The letter was not returned to me so I only have to assume that it was delivered to Authentic American.

In hindsight, I don't see how I could have been so stupid as to agree to pay that amount for the quarters in the first place. I was able to get all the quarters I wanted from my bank still in the wrapper and not yet circulated to anyone else, just as the ones I paid over $9.00 to get $1.25 worth per year.

I received $3.25 in quarters from them - they owe me a minimum of $77.67!

Luvoise
LaGrange, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authentic-American/Pacoima-California-91331/Authentic-American-Where-are-my-missing-First-Quarters-for-my-map-that-I-paid-for-years-443832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authentic American