1) I purchased a watch in September 2006, invoice #34232, shipped 10/5/06, a Cartier Ladies Santos White Dial SS Bracelet Quartz #W20056D6 with lifetime warranty as an anniversary gift for my wife.
2) We decided we both preferred a different model which was more expensive, a Cartier Ladies Roadster, and contacted sales to discuss our options. After verbal confirmation with Shane from sales that:
(a) I could return the watch without penalty although outside the stated policy of 15 days
(b) because the exhanged watch exceeded $3000 it required a check for the full amount, no credit cards accepted over $3000
(c) I requested a cancellation of the lifetime warranty on the original watch and this was verbally agreed to.
I expected to receive all of this information documented in an invoice with the newly purchased watch just like with the original purchase, but nothing was communicated. No invoice for the transaction.
3) I returned the original watch, with check #3509 paid in full for the new watch overnight and in addition added insurance on the package.
4)I contacted Authenticwatches.com, Inc for status as I had not received anything in email, per their policy. At this point, the return package had been received by them and my check for the new watch cashed. I was told by sales that the newly purchased watch had not shipped yet. I was very concerned as they had both the original watch and my $3200 in additional payment and I had no merchandise.
5) I became upset as did the owner, Sean Kacherian, during my 2nd request - he then cancelled the order, laughed and said he would hit me with a restocking fee "how do you feel about that" he stated and hung up in my ear.
6) After much time, I received a partial refund with $471 deducted from it with no explanation of how that amount was arrived at. Also, because it was actually AuthenticWatches.com that cancelled my order, there's no reason they should have charged me for anything because I did not receive anything. I consider this theft code 484b.
7) There has been no communication to me after my 5 emailed requests.
8) I contacted the BBB and they were not able to resolve due to non-response from AuthenticWatches.com.
9) I want repayment in full and I want legal actions taken against Sean kacherian, owner of the company, in the form of code 484b. I will be contacting the police if this is not repaid by end of January 2007. I have more detailed supporting documentation, invoices, waybills and emails etc.
Walnut Creek, California