Complaint Review: Author House / Author SOlutions

• Reported By: Jami — Oakland Maryland United States of America
Author House / Author SOlutions
1663 Liberty Drive Suite 200 Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Author House / Author SOlutions royalties unfair money Bloomington, Indiana

*General Comment: Burden of Proof of stolen royalties by Author House/Author Solutions

*Consumer Comment: Author Houe/Author Solutions is a scam

The finished book is top notch but they (Author House) will really get you in the pocket book. I recently was told that 28% of my royalties were being withheld because they did not have my social security number on file. This information was provided to them in December of 2009. I provided the information again last week and they now say that the royalties cannot be refunded to me. Also, when I paid the initial fees for publication I specifically asked if there were any "hidden costs" for shipping and such of books that were included in my package. I was told there were no other charges. When I didn't receive the books that were included in my purchased package I contacted them and was told that I would have to pay the shipping. They make very nice books but they rip you off any way that they can and when you question this they just write off your concerns and say that there is nothing that can be done to correct the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Author-House-Author-SOlutions/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Author-House-Author-SOlutions-royalties-unfair-money-Bloomington-Indiana-611736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Author House / Author SOlutions

#1 General Comment

Burden of Proof of stolen royalties by Author House/Author Solutions

AUTHOR: Barbara Lee - (United States of America)

I also published with Author House/Author Solutions. I and over 70,000 first time authors have had all of our royalties stolen. Any author wanting me to e mail the Burden of Proof, please contact me at (((ROR redacted))). The feds are going to get Author House/Author Solutions dba Bertram Capital Management located in San Mateo, California. The Burden of Proof shows how Author House/Author Solutions is stealing all authors royalties using the ISBN 978-1. 978-1 is the country code for the criminal country of Nigeria. The Bowker ISBN Agency had the original ISBN 0-1 changed to 978-1 on January 1, 2007. They are part of the international money laundering scheme. Google ISBN country codes.

Author Houe/Author Solutions is a scam

AUTHOR: Barbara Lee - (United States of America)

I agree with theauthor who said 28% of his royaltie's are being withheld, becauseAuthor House claims theydon't have his social security on file. Of course this author's social security is on file. His social security was given when he published his book.

I am a published author with Author House unfortunately. I received a e mail on 12/22/2010 that reads:To All authors: It was the same kind of e mail that this other author received, only they wanted me to sign the attached IRS returns, W-9 and W-8BEN that has nothing to do with authors royalties. (What royalties?)Author House didn't sign a persons name that sent it. This is ENTRAPMENT. The e mail went on to say that a special computer was set up to receive these IRS returns. If anyone looks up these IRS returns, it is saying you are a partner and other information, not related to authors royalties. It can only make big trouble with any author that signs those two IRS returns. Author House said it was required to sign those IRS returns.They aren't required.My accountant is the only one that has my permission to send in IRS returns. Those forms would silence an author. That is why I think that Author House is trying to get every author to signW-9 and W-8BEN,in desperation,that the feds are going to get them forstealing royalties and cheating the IRS.By signing those IRS returns, you are saying you are a partner and are part of the crime. I see it that way.

Author House has stolen every authors royalties and are using the stolen money to ionvest with over 300 investors. I have the proof.