Complaint Review: Author House Publishers

• Submitted: Mon, February 05, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 05, 2007

• Reported By:Seabrook Texas
Author House Publishers
1663 Liberty Dr, Suite 200 Bloomington, Indiana U.S.A.

Author House Publishers Took money for a book they would never get correct enough to publish Bloomington Indiana

The first saleman I worked with quit and so the second one didn't know what the first one had told me; I was to pay the $700.00 and that would include designing my cover and publishing the Child Abuse Public Awareness Book I had written. It was to be out in 3 months. Then they could not do the cover and so I did it. The first thing I had to do was to rewrite it as I could not put in quotes by Edgar Allan Poe, which I did.

The next thing they did was to give it the wrong title: post it my book on their web site with a title of the famous Poet, Dr. Maya Angelou: I don't Know Why The Caged Bird Sings. Finally the saleman called me, and said he didn't know how that happened. It took a while for that to be corrected.

Six months passed, I was sent the manuscript, which was all run together. It was obvious they didn't know how to set up a poetry book. I was given no corrections at all. My first round was &25.00 in advance with $2.00 per correction; which ran to another $50.00, which I paid. I was sent the manuscript again, and there were many more corrections to be made. I could see this as a never ending round of corrections and them adding up to hundreds and even over into thousands, as I also had to pay for their mistakes. I messaged their support people, and never got a response. I tried to communicate, but never got any response.

They do not communicate and so I told them I would file a small claim case on February 1, 2007, which I have not done as yet.

I do not know where I stand with them, but I do know I want nothing futher to do with them. I would not recommend authorhouse to anyone. My charitable project has cost me more than I can afford; They do not do the job, but they say their contract does not offer me a refund.

Jean
Seabrook, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2007 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Author-House-Publishers/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Author-House-Publishers-Took-money-for-a-book-they-would-never-get-correct-enough-to-publi-234550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Author House Publishers