Complaint Review: Author House Publishing

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 28, 2010

• Reported By:Webster Florida
Author House Publishing
1663 Liberty Dr., Suite 200 Bloomingdale, Indiana U.S.A.

Author House Publishing Defrauded me for not providing any effort from the Marketing kit I paid for. Bloomingdale Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: we need to band together a

*Consumer Suggestion: we need to band together a

*Consumer Comment: What is the name of your book?

Several people at Author House ensured me the success rate by purchasing the $300 "marketing Kit" in how they would solicit to more than 300 radio, Tv, newspaper and magazine outlets for the advertisement of my book. There has not been one response to indiciate that there has been any effort by Author house to fullfill the paid contact between me and Author House for this paid service.

Author House has also inflated the cost of book production. Every company I talk with said that they can produce my book copies to me for about half of which Author House charges me. I had contacted Zoe from Author House to attempt to secure a more reasonable reproduction cost to no avail. Author House only incentive is to sell books to the author.

I also do not believe that Author House is being honest with the amount of royalties paid to me. They are unusually small, i.e. the sell of only two books. I have had several people contact me anf told me that they had purchased my book and would I autograph it, which reflects more sells than Author House is admitting to.

Anthony
Webster, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Author-House-Publishing/Bloomingdale-Indiana-47403/Author-House-Publishing-Defrauded-me-for-not-providing-any-effort-from-the-Marketing-kit-I-478183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Author House Publishing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

we need to band together a

AUTHOR: DWAIN POWERS WILLIAMS - (United States of America)

we all need to avoid taking this matter personally and  band together by contacting the Indiana Attorney general office. do as I have done file a complaint to our consumer protection office. No company have  a right to pray on us. I appears that this is A PATTERN THAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED. Please goin me so that we could have an educated voice to move on in the future. You were successful a writing a book. now lets write their future.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

we need to band together a

AUTHOR: DWAIN POWERS WILLIAMS - (United States of America)

What is the name of your book?

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

What is the name of your book?

I do not know this company but I bet the difference in price is "they would solicit to more than 300 radio, Tv, newspaper and magazine outlets for the advertisement of my book." Do you think all that advertisement is free?

From what you say here alone, they sold your book and people are asking you for autographs.

Someone must have heard in on the radio or saw it on TV to buy it.

Either way, Real authors, with real books, do not sell that way.