Complaint Review: Author House

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Ozzie — Columbia South Carolina
Author House
1663 Liberty Drive, Suite 200 Bloomington, Indiana USA

Author House AuthorHouse took lots of my money to publish my book. They only printed and did nothing to publish it Bloomington, Indiana

Translated a 130 year old book Cumandá: The Novel of the Ecuadorian jungle, written by Juan Leon Mera, I obtaining the Copyrights then proceeded to publish it with AuthorHouse in 2007, wrong step!!!

AuthorHouse took my money, In early marketing and Publishing to start with were 13 items that included editing $8,600.00, bought 200 non edited books (I still have them because I could not sell them like that) $1,170.00, reediting $1,164.18, for resubmitting the book to printing $150.00, shipped 50 non insured books and lost 33 $460.35; Totaling: $11,544.53 They poorly printed and did little or nothing to publish. Paid them $8,000.00 more for further marketing.

They owe me for the last 2 Royalty Checks. I also know that sense 2007 to the present they never paid me honestly what my royalties would be, besides printing for themselves and selling through different channels for their own profit.

I demand over $30,000.00, that money is not enough for my hard work, my spended money and I am not about to let them get away with this big scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Author-House/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Author-House-AuthorHouse-took-lots-of-my-money-to-publish-my-book-They-only-printed-and-1047124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Author House