Complaint Review: Author House

• Reported By: mique — willow creek California
Author House
1663 Liberty Drive Bloomington, Indiana USA

Author House INCOMPETENT BUFFOONS Bloomington Indiana

I stupidly agreed to publish a second book with Author House after the months long nightmare associated with the publication of my first book.

From what I can determine this is a scam.  Promises were made to promote my book and now, having receieved amateuristic marketing materials I wouldn't line a bird-cage with, I am told that marketing is entirely up to me.

The linguistically challanged phone people in the Philippines refuse to put my calls through to the office in Indianna.

I was assured the 'Clarion Review' I paid extra for, was how bookstores choose books to carry and now, weeks after approving the Galley, I'm told, "Oh no...YOU have to contact each bookstore in the US that you want to carry your books, and YOU have to ask them if they will please read the Clarion review...and then...ask them to please carry your books.

I've been lied to all the way down the pike and they have more than $3,500.00 of mine and I want it BACK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Author-House/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Author-House-INCOMPETENT-BUFFOONS-Bloomington-Indiana-1051737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Author House