Complaint Review: AuthorHouse Publishers

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, April 07, 2007

• Reported By:Thorndale Pennsylvania
AuthorHouse Publishers
http://www.authorhouse.com Bloomington, Indiana U.S.A.

AuthorHouse Publishers Problems with Correcting Manuscript and Cover Galleys Bloomington Indiana

*Consumer Comment: They definitely the worse publishers around.

There are still problems with Author House Publishers in Bloomington, Indiana. I just published my mother's second book of poetry through AuthorHouse. It was finally done March 21st. I sent them a perfect printed-out manuscript, with everything also perfectly done on CD-ROM.

When the design consultant contacted me, I had to explain several times in the phone conversation that my mother had died and that her closest friend from New York City and I were publishing the book of poetry. My mother, in her lifetime, won 65 awards in national poetry contests and wrote at least 300 poems, many of which have never been published in book form. So we are doing this as a posthumous project.

Lo and behold, he obviously did not understand who wrote the poems because when I got the galleys, my mother's name was completely LEFT OFF the cover. It looked like my mom's friend and I wrote the poems, which we did not.

The book was finally done, but only after I paid $50 to correct some cover mistakes.

Also, when my mother's friend contacted them only yesterday (April 3, 2007), to order 30 copies of the book and get the author discount, since her name is on the cover as one of the editors, the phone representative got very confused. She did not understand who wrote the book and said, "There are just so many names on this!". Surely it should not be that hard to understand that this is a posthumously published volume of poems from an award-winning poet, edited by her daughter and a close friend of the family.

I would recommend that anyone looking to self-publish choose another publisher unless you want to spend time correcting a lot of mistakes which should never happened in the first place. We will definitely use another publisher the next time.

Suzanne
Thorndale, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2007 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuthorHouse-Publishers/Bloomington-Indiana/AuthorHouse-Publishers-Problems-with-Correcting-Manuscript-and-Cover-Galleys-Bloomington-I-242384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuthorHouse Publishers

They definitely the worse publishers around.

AUTHOR: Faith - (U.S.A.)

They did me wrong to the point that Iaim to BBB and the consumer potection people to look into that company. They not there for the authors. They are there ripping them off that is so obvious that it's sickening and needs to be put to an end.