• Report: #201400

• Submitted: Sun, July 16, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 10, 2006

• Reported By:St. Petersburg Florida
Authorhouse Publishers
1663 Liberty Dr. Ste. 200 Bloomington, Indiana U.S.A.

Authorhouse Publishers Authorhouse is trying to cancel my contract without any reason Bloomington Indiana

*Consumer Comment: another author

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Re: Authorhouse

I went to Bloomington, Indiana where Authorhouse has its main headquarters in March 2006 to publish my book. The book was published as of May 10, 2006. From May - June 30th Authorhouse has not lived up to their contract. I paid over $2700 dollars which included a "Fast Forward" service that is supposed to have the press release, and marketing kit, etc. done in 30 days from when the book was published, I have still not seen that done.

On June 30th Eugene Hopkins, which is the Client Service Manager, told me that Authorhouse was going to put everything on hold and removed my book from Barnes and Nobles and every other distributor for no reason. I ordered 100 books for book signings that go on until September, they would not give me the books, and now I have no books for the book signings and no one can buy my book.

I am planning on going to Bloomington to file a lawsuit against Authorhouse. If there are any other people that have had similiar problems with this company feel free to call me at my office which is listed below.

Maria
St. Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2006 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authorhouse-Publishers/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Authorhouse-Publishers-Authorhouse-is-trying-to-cancel-my-contract-without-any-reason-Bloo-201400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authorhouse Publishers

another author

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

See contract paragraph 1.6, which give Authorhouse 180 days to perform.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Re: Authorhouse

AUTHOR: Rob - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-employee of AuthorHouse, I can tell you that they do not care about the sale of Authors books.

They are in business to publish books, not to sell them, and AuthorHouse makes their money from authors paying them to publish and market the books.