Complaint Review: Authority I.D

• Reported By:Sidney Ohio
Authority I.D
Internet U.S.A.

Authority I.D Authority ID Fraud Internet

The company called me to offer me a credit line to help me establish my credit, and needed to make sure that I had an open checking account. I asked 3 times if they were sending any charges to my account, which they assured me that they were not. After listening to the sales pitch, I declined the credit line entirely.

Later that day I pulled up my bank account to find that they had charged twice to my account. Once for 19.99 and once for 29.99. I called them to insist that the reverse that charge, only to be told that the persons authorized to do so, would be calling me back. I waited all day.

I called back the next day and was told that that the account had been canceled already and that I needed to wait 3-5 days and call them back to arrange the refund. I waited 3 days, and called back, only to have them tell me that I will have to wait until they call me, because the department that handles that was busy and can not answer the phone.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was one there, but he was too busy also to talk to me. I asked where they are located, and she said " PO box...Charleston...Mevis." Which makes no sense. She also said that she isn't allowed to divulge where the company is based. I have to wait to have them call me.

Meanwhile, I am 50.00 poorer, which is a lot to me....and no refund in site. I cant even find them on the internet anywhere, to find out where they are actually at.

Sidney, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authority-ID/internet/Authority-ID-Authority-ID-Fraud-Internet-357785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authority I.D