Complaint Review: Authority Tax Services

• Reported By: Jack13 — Massachusetts
Authority Tax Services
777 South Figueroa Street, Ste 1900 Los Angeles, California USA

Authority Tax Services Tax Help Los Angeles California

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.  They took all my information and informed me that they could be of help according to Claudia.  It cost me $1,200.00 and I was told the entire service time would be 60-90 days according to Claudia.  I first dealt with a person named Aaron, everytime I called him it felt like it was the first time I had ever spoke to him.  He never knew who I was or what I was calling him about.  He made me feel like I was bothering him by calling him to find out what was going on with my case.  I had to explain the entire sequence of discussions we had everytime I called.  He was rude every conversation. After the 5th time I had to review my entire case with him and he came back with an attitude I asked to get someone else to handle my case he gave me a yet another huge attitude and sent me to his manager, Cindy.  Another completely inept person, she would say the same exact thing everytime we spoke.  She wouldnt follow up the way I requested, not sure how she is a manager.  She would send emails that were worded like a 8 year old wrote them, words spelled incorrectly and grammatically incorrect.  After 5 and 1/2 months of going back and forth with these people they gave me the great news that they could do nothing for me and that I basically through away $1,200.00 by hiring them.  I made one phone call to the IRS and and spoke with a Mr. Fay and came up with a payment plan in 3 minutes, this is what Authority Tax Services took 5.5 months to do.  I asked for a refund and they said no because they did "work" on the case.  They tried to explain this "work" and really couldnt because they obviously are frauds, never use this company for anything.  Ken is another guy I spoke with once apparently he is a managing partner.  He was a descent enough guy on the phone but he also tries to get you to drink the soup this horrible company is selling.  I explained to him my point that from the beginning they should have told me that they couldnt be of any help and he actually in a round about way agreed.  But still no refund.  If I can save one person from using this company and from throwing good money at a waste of time and energy well that will have to be my refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authority-Tax-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90017/Authority-Tax-Services-Tax-Help-Los-Angeles-California-1075042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authority Tax Services