Complaint Review: Authority Tax Services

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2014

• Reported By: Mahogany — Brandywine Maryland
Authority Tax Services
Los Angeles, California USA

Authority Tax Services Fraudulent Advertising- Paid Fee and no services in return Los Angeles California

On August 9, 2013, I entered into a signed contract with Authority Tax Services (ATS) to resolve a debt with IRS.  I spoke with Mr. John Real on several occasions and subsequently agreed to have ATS resolve or lessen my debt with IRS.  ATS was paid a fee of $2,200 for said service. I provided, signed IRS Form 2848- Power of Attorney (POA) I never received my copy.  Hence, I have not been able to cancel the POA.  I completed the financial questionnaire as requested on more than two occasions. I called several times for copies of the POA, to find out the name of my assigned case manager and to get updates on case.  Note they have caller id, hence forth, after calling on several different dates, now they will not answer the phone, nor will an answer machine pick up to leave a message.  I have sent several e-mails to no avail.  Long story short, Authority Tax Services (ATS) swindled me out of $2,200; and the end result I still owe IRS the original tax amount.  Stay away from this company by all means.  DO NOT TRUST THEM. THIS FIRM HAS NO INTEGRITY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authority-Tax-Services/Los-Angeles-California/Authority-Tax-Services-Fraudulent-Advertising-Paid-Fee-and-no-services-in-return-Los-Ang-1151507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authority Tax Services